baumer

Weekend #s STB 59.6M, Pets 29.3M, GB and LO 21.6M, IA5 21M

I don't know if there's gonna be another Ice Age film. When all is said and done, it'll probably end up with 450-500m WW, which will still make it quite profitable. But such a huge drop from the fourth one has to be concerning for Fox. Maybe they'll advise Blue Sky to actually put some effort into making these films. If a hypothetical IA6 is better received, it could at least end the franchise on a high note.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, miketheavenger said:

I don't know if there's gonna be another Ice Age film. When all is said and done, it'll probably end up with 450-500m WW, which will still make it quite profitable. But such a huge drop from the fourth one has to be concerning for Fox. Maybe they'll advise Blue Sky to actually put some effort into making these films. If a hypothetical IA6 is better received, it could at least end the franchise on a high note.

I don't think anyone inside Blue Sky's creative team actually wants to keep making them and that shows in the final product. It's already shown in the last one, imagine in this one...

• Like 1

What's Kabbali? Whatever it is very solid preview number for it. Solid for Lights Out, should do at least mid-to-high teens for the weekend. No surprise on Ice Age though it's time for Fox to call it quits on the series anyway so an opening of around $20 million doesn't seem surprising. 

1 minute ago, Rman823 said:

I'm pretty sure talking animated animal fatigue also played a role in Ice Age underperforming. It doesn't help that it's the worst of the genre. 

The entire franchise just has fatigue in general.