baumer

Weekend #s STB 59.6M, Pets 29.3M, GB and LO 21.6M, IA5 21M

Would definitely get a 3x for sure if not for Bourne and SS being unusual factors but I hope it can pull it off in spite of that. I hope it can reach 180. I suppose ID managed it despite Fast and Furious 6 and a crowded Memorial Day weekend so we'll see.

As Spock said, we will find hope in the impossible

Edited by MrPink

13 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Star Trek's OD will be on par with Ant-Man but it's going to increase tomorrow, 60M is locked.

It won't increase, will decrease from Friday, maybe 20M tomorrow. Probably 57-58M.

• Like 1

Just now, MrPink said:

Would definitely get a 3x for sure if not for Bourne and SS being unusual factors but I hoe it can pull it off in spite of that. I hope it can reach 180.

It will, Bourne won't be much of a threat and SS will only affect it (and everything else) on OW 

Just now, Mojoguy said:

So is this is going to be the last Trek film until the TNG reboot?

Good movies, but the DOM just keeps on decreasing...

I think it'll depend more on whether there's any growth in the overseas markets if at all.

South America/Asia will have to pick up the slack because it'll probably drop in Europe.

Ice Age won't hit 7M today at my theatre. 6.8 seems like the best case scenario at this point. Will give better numbers when I have a better idea of the late shows. Pets likely 9.5-9.9M.

• Like 1

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

It will, Bourne won't be much of a threat and SS will only affect it (and everything else) on OW 

I don't know about you guys, but when Paramount saw that Universal scheduled JB for July 29th, they were like

uSFgcIi.gif

(DIRECT QUOTE FROM MOVIE BTW, NO JOKE)

• Like 9

I think it'll depend more on whether there's any growth in the overseas markets if at all.

South America/Asia will have to pick up the slack because it'll probably drop in Europe.

This new Trek cast is just so great, that I kind of feel bad for them. These new Trek movies deserve TFA level kinds of success!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ThatOneTrek said:

So they just announced The Woods is actually a sequel to Blair Witch (titled Blair Witch).  The hilarious irony is that when the trailer came on for it during LO just today, someone said "woah, this looks like Blair Witch!" :lol: 

When I first seen the trailer I figured it was a secret Blair Witch sequel especially since it was coming from Lionsgate who has the rights to Blair Witch. 

Edited by Rman823

30 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Don't most sequels usually decrease from their predecessor?  It may be that the studios want a sequel that outperforms the original in box office total, but it is more likely they are going to get a drop off.  Look at what happened to Alice in Wonderland to Alice Through the Looking Glass, or TMNT 2014 to TMNT: Out of the Shadows.  Both of those sequels had a steep drop from their previous movies.  And when compared to those drop offs, Star Trek doesn't look anywhere as bad.  The concept of there being a point where a franchise is saturated, as in it can make no more than the previous movie's box office total, is not one the studios want to market.  They always want to believe every movie can be like Star Wars: The Force Awakens or Captain America: Civil War, where the sequel can make much more than the previous entry in the franchise.

Edited by Outrageous!

31 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

reboting it would do waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more harm than good. what are the odds of getting a cast this good again?

• Like 1

It's gonna be so fascinating seeing how AbFab The Movie does and how frontloaded it ends up being. There were a handful of people dressed up in costume as Edina and Patsy (or in the case of one crazy old lady, Edina's kooky assistant Bubble) or wearing AbFab shirts in the lobby. LMAO. I always knew the show had its devoted fanbase but never thought they were this fanatical.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Pets in its THIRD weekend beating IA5 in its first is a fucking embarrassment for Ice Age!

At this point, it's a better better for Fox to have Blue Sky make original movies rather than continue Ice Age.

• Like 1