MinaTakla

Weekend Thread | Bourne 60M, Trek 24M, Bad Moms 23.4M, Pets 18.2M

49 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

The fact that Civil War has better reviews than Jason Bourne make me concerned about humanity

Dude, just because Bourne has an adult appeal doesn't make that a better movie than its peers.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Baumer said:

Trek got hit hard last night.  Down about 15%.

I guess that makes sense.  I was thinking Bourne might be hit because Star Trek turned out to be good, but people who were waiting to see it clearly went there instead of STB's second week.

I hoped Bourne would do in the 50s earlier, so that would be great if it does.

I like Mila Kunis so I hope Bad Moms does well, but I'm not really interested in the movie.

3 minutes ago, zackzack said:

Dude, just because Bourne has an adult appeal doesn't make that a better movie than its peers.

That's true it doesn't. But it is far and away better than any other action movie thus far this year

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

That's true it doesn't. But it is far and away better than any other action movie thus far this year

Ill see when I see it, but Civil War is fairly low bar to beat.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Panda said:

Ill see when I see it, but Civil War is fairly low bar to beat.

Well yeah. Civil War is my least favorite movie of the year so far

Edited by Ethan Hunt

54 minutes ago, filmlover said:

STX continues to have a wonky start. The Gift and The Boy did pretty well and now Bad Moms looks to be a potential $100M+ grosser, but Secret In Their Eyes, Hardcore Henry, and Free State of Jones all tanked.

Their other 4 movies this year look like flops. 

• Like 1

Just now, Ethan Hunt said:

Well yeah. Civil War is my least favorite movie of the year so far

I wouldn't go that far.  It wasn't a bad movie, it was better than the other two PG-13 superhero flicks.  It wasn't great though.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The Panda said:

I wouldn't go that far.  It wasn't a bad movie, it was better than the other two PG-13 superhero flicks.  It wasn't great though.

BvS is bad too only have it a little over Civil War. Haven't seen Apocalypse

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

Suicide Squad will miss the 200-300M range. Even if WOM is mixed I can't see it having worse legs than CW/BVS/Apocalypse due to less competition. 

Depends on what it opens to.  I've seen tracking anywhere from $100-140m.  If it opens in the $115m range with a 2.5 multi it would finish at $287m

2 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Depends on what it opens to.  I've seen tracking anywhere from $100-140m.  If it opens in the $115m range with a 2.5 multi it would finish at $287m

120M is the floor IMO, presales are too strong to miss that mark. The roof is probably something like 150M. 120x2.4 brings it to 288M, so it could still miss if it finishes on the low end.

Edited by WrathOfHan

Suicide Squad seems like a quite likely contender to enter the 200-299M range. It is locked to do over 200M and it is unlikely it goes over 300M. Fantastic Beasts and Moana seem like movies that will end in that range as well. Doctor Strange and Passengers seem like contenders for low 200M.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

What's your OW prediction at the moment? The only 200M-range movies we'll have this year are Mag 7, Sing, Fantastic Beasts, Passengers, and Moana IMO.