MinaTakla

Weekend Thread | Bourne 60M, Trek 24M, Bad Moms 23.4M, Pets 18.2M

25 minutes ago, Rth said:

not the HP thread back on topic 

STD 9.5, SLOP 7.2, BM 6.9, WYNGC 3.7, Ner 3.1   

No Lights Out numbers? I know when you created the heavens and the earth you said "Let There Be Light" but damn it man!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Bad Moms isn't a younger skewing movie though.

My audience tonight was on the "young" side for the most part. There were these two guys who yelled "THIS IS THE FUNNIEST MOVIE EVER!" when it ended lol.

12 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

In would think the main audience for Bad Moms would be well... Moms

Movie's pretty funny, actually. Kathryn Hahn is so making my personal Supporting Actress ballot at the end of the year my god.

1 hour ago, WrathOfHan said:

Big drop for Bad Moms, yeesh. 25M isn't happening.

I kind of expected this to be honest. I feel like a LOT of those Friday sales were from moms planning girls night outs and not necessarily normal demand. Still doing well overall

Let's have a pop quiz

Question: Who brings two kids under the age of 10 to a 9:25 showing of The Purge: Election Year?

Answer: A guy who was hiccuping the whole movie sitting right behind me <_< 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, NickFury90 said:

Star Trek franchise struggling so bad they getting Chris "all my non-Thor movies bomb" Helmsworth to try and save the next installment(that won't be made)

It will be made. They just need to actually advertise the next one instead of one trailer and then absolutely nothing for months. Lots of studios would love to have three consecutive very well reviewed movies in one franchise. Trek isn't going anywhere. 

• Like 2

@Tele Loves Bay & Twilight@grim22@Water Bottle: I am absolutely lost. Where is the inbox of my account? I know the board changed a while ago, but I could swear that after the changes, I knew where my mail was stored. I distinctly remember getting my warnings and mail from other members, as well as responding, but now I don't see anything.

Help? :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DAR said:

I would imagine both Nerve and BM either will make or be close to making their budgets back by Sunday.  

That plus both reviewing better than most likely thought they would. I saw a trailer for Bad Moms and expected it to be panned and forgotten quickly. Might still be forgotten before too long but at least it will make a profit before its all said and done. 

11 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

@Tele Loves Bay & Twilight@grim22@Water Bottle: I am absolutely lost. Where is the inbox of my account? I know the board changed a while ago, but I could swear that after the changes, I knew where my mail was stored. I distinctly remember getting my warnings and mail from other members, as well as responding, but now I don't see anything.

Help? :)

Should be at the top left hand corner. Next to the notifications icon. That is where it is for most users, Tele or WB can help further if you don't see it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ethan Hunt said:

In would think the main audience for Bad Moms would be well... Moms

I know a ton of guys who seen Bridesmaids in theaters. I think as long as it's a raunchy R rated comedy they don't see it as a movie for women. Besides having Kunis to look at helps. 

1). Jason Bourne (UNI), 4,026 theaters / $22.7M Fri. (includes $4.3M previews) / $21M Sat. (-8%) / 3-day cume: $59.6M To $60M / Wk 1

2). Bad Moms (STX), 3,215 theaters / $9.5M Fri. (includes $2M previews) / $7.7M Sat. (-19%) / 3-day cume: $23.5M to $24M / Wk 1

3). Star Trek Beyond (PAR), 3,928 theaters (0) / $6.7M Fri. / $9.7M Sat. (+50%) / 3-day cume: $23.7M to $24M (-59%) / Total cume: $105.5M / Wk 2

4). The Secret Life of Pets (ILL/UNI), 3,677 theaters (-371) / $5.5M Fri. / $7.1M to $7.3M Sat. (+32%) / 3-day cume: $18.2M to $18.4M / Total Cume: $296M+/ Wk 4

5). Ice Age: Collision Course (FOX), 3,052 theaters (+5) / $3.26M Fri. / $4.3M Sat. (+27%) / 3-day cume: $10.7M to $10.95M (-49%) / Total cume: $42M+ / Wk 2

6). Lights Out (WB/NL), 2,818 theaters / $3.5M Fri. / $4.1M Sat. (+17%) / 3-day cume: $10.7M (-50%) / Total cume: $42.7M / Wk 2

7). Ghostbusters (SONY), 3,052 theaters (-911) / $2.9M Fri. / $3.9M Sat. (+35%) / 3-day cume: $9.6M / Total: $106M / Wk 3

8). Nerve (LGF), 2,538 theaters / $3.75M Wed. (includes $1M Tues. previews) / $2.3M Thurs. / $3.18M Fri. / $3.3M Sat. (+3%) / 3-day cume: $9M / Total cume:$15M / Wk 1

11). Cafe Society (LG/AMZ), 565 theaters (+515) / $646K Fri. / $1M Sat. (+59%) / 3-day cume: $2.4M / Per screen average: $4,290K / Total cume: $4M / Wk 3

• Like 9

Watching Phantom Menace right now, and honestly, the first 20 minutes are pretty garbage, but the movie actually surprised me once it got to Tattooine. Haven't watched it all the way through and it isn't nearly as bad as people say.

Even Jake Loyd is pretty good; even as a kid, he's better than half the actors in this.

• Like 1