CJohn

SUICIDE SQUAD WEEKEND THREAD | New REVISED SUNDAY NUMBER 134m FROM GURU ON PG 212 | 267.1M WW OW | Nine Lives 6.5 OW |No Spoilers Allowed!!! | ACCOUNT SALES THIS WEEKEND - see first post for details !!

1 hour ago, Cmasterclay said:

Considering the terrible reviews, months of bad buzz, and the negative will from reception to BvS, the fact that Squad is heading for around 140 OW is insanity. There's clearly massive interest in the DCCU movies, I'll say that much. This brand and these characters have real power. Imagine if they actually had good buzz and good reviews. BvS could have done 185. This could have done 160. It's amazing that something so big feels so much like "what could have been," tbh. 

I think the DC brand has strength, a decent film would really be something as evident with TDK and TDKR. I'm hoping Wonder Woman turns out well, I think WB can get that to a $100m OW if they marketed it like BvS or SS

58 minutes ago, UrosepsisFace said:

The 100 million openers are coming. In 2018, Flash will be rescheduled. Some think January. The DCEU also has a movie scheduled for Oct 2018. So I'd say one of those months will receive its first 100 million opener. Also, studios have begun targeting September as an animation battle ground. While animation usually starts with sub 100 and proceed to extreme heights w/ long legs, we saw at least two going over 100 million this year, with one of them being an original property. 

Technically American Sniper had a $100m opening but that was over four days rather than 3 days. I'm still surprised how well that did considering it was decent at best 

1 minute ago, nilephelan said:

Not great, but possible.  It will have a free run all the way into mid-September.  

As long as it doesn't pass Deadpool, I'm good. The second highest grossing CBM of the year behind CW? No one would have thought that before the year started. But I don't think anyone would have imagined BvS possibly being the fourth highest grossing one either, so there's that. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, ThatOneBadguy said:

I kind of liked the 3D for SS.  Had some pretty cool moments where things would fly at your face.  Better than I expected.

Did you get the Doctor  Strange trailer in 3d? How was it? 

3 minutes ago, MrPink said:

Some parents took a couple kids to the showing of The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo I was at and everybody walked out of the theater looking like either :WHATanabe: or :apocalypse:

I would've called Social Services.

5 minutes ago, nilephelan said:

Spoken like someone who doesn't have  kids or has never been responsible for anything.  

It's called common fucking courtesy and being somewhat socially responsible.  

Well I plan on having kids someday. But it just depends, everyone is raised differently. I wasn't allowed to see the Friday The 13th 2009 reboot because of sex and drug use when it came out when I was 12 years old, but was allowed to see Con Air when I was 9. I saw Dead Silence, Vacancy, and Knocked up in the theater with my mother & aunt when I was 10 years old. If your kid is able to handle it and be calm I approve. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Blankments said:

Leave me alone you zootopia fangirl that's right i'm not insulting you i'm just telling the truth because why are you all judging and spreading lies all i want is the truth to come out and you're all going "haha blank is a pissy he probably didn't even drink" well fick you i get all tht bullshit in real life why do i need to take it from you psoers i thought we were friends but i guess you guys just all want me to be a shit booooo

ezgif-3965080175.gif

7 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Technically American Sniper had a $100m opening but that was over four days rather than 3 days. I'm still surprised how well that did considering it was decent at best 

Sniper. Patriotism. Guns. Eastwood. Oscar Buzz. Old People. Lol. Yeah, I would have thought 200m at best and not 350. 

2 hours ago, Jim Shorts said:

Harley Quinn is the biggest reason any female under 35 is seeing this movie, and since she kicked ass in it, I'm not surprised with that A- score.

It's not A-, it's B+, and secondly cinemascores are largely unreliable.

7 minutes ago, Maxmoser3 said:

Finally someone isn't a prude on here.

It isn't about being a prude, it is about showing common courtesy to fellow adults.  The people who take kids to these movies are doing it because they are selfish.  It isn't to show the kid the movie, it is because they can't wait to see it or won't take the time to find someone to watch the kid so they drag them along.   

Adults go to adult things to have an adult time with other adults.  Nothing ruins the mood faster than seeing a couple 2nd graders wide eyed watching Kingsman while the lead actor is about to do something very adult to an actress in the film.  

Not every R rated movie is the same and there can be exceptions, but overall you are a lazy asshole if you take children to adult R rated movies.  You want to show them the movie?  Great.  Let them watch it at home.  

Edited by nilephelan
  • Like 2