CJohn

SUICIDE SQUAD WEEKEND THREAD | New REVISED SUNDAY NUMBER 134m FROM GURU ON PG 212 | 267.1M WW OW | Nine Lives 6.5 OW |No Spoilers Allowed!!! | ACCOUNT SALES THIS WEEKEND - see first post for details !!

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

Wonder Woman really is their final shot. Hell, maybe if that fails they'll just make a Batfleck solo movie and retcon all the DCEU stuff.

Given his recent appearances, I'm actually worried the stress from all this will send Ben to an early grave.

5 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

She already had her "break out" in tWoWS.

That marked her out as one to watch (and probably quite literally in the case of the attracted-to-women crowd, given the nature of said role) but it definitely didn't make her the sort of name that you can put above the line and expect to move the needle with. SS will push her more into that territory.

1 minute ago, Chewy said:

Imma pray to the movie gods, just let us have Wonder Woman. Flash can get an under 1.5x multi or whatever but don't do Wondy like this

Honestly, I consider her a stand-alone a lot of people (including me) are looking forward to.

7 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Under 2x was UNTHINKABLE for so long and now it's got a legit shot of happening twice this year, this is too much

Justice League gonna open to 150 and fail to hit 250?

I see 130/260, due to if it gets similar reception to BVS, and competition from Coco and SW8 could severely hurt it.

Edited by YourMother

3 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Imma pray to the movie gods, just let us have Wonder Woman. Flash can get an under 1.5x multi or whatever but don't do Wondy like this

The movie has already been filmed, you are getting it for sure. 

• Like 1

Just now, CJohn said:

The movie has already been filmed, you are getting it for sure. 

No I mean let WW avoid this level of embarrassment. I know the movie's already been shot :lol:

Edited by Chewy
  • Like 1

Just now, Lestranger said:

This would top 10 Fri to Sat drop all time wide release. Taking out X-mas of course. Bad, really really bad. -46%

And it's a non-sequel!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chewy said:

No I mean let WW avoid this level of embarrassment. I know the movie's already been shot :lol:

Oh yeah, that is not gonna be avoided. Sorry :lol: 

3 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

HP8 did $43.8m in previews so True Fri to Sat was $47.2m to $42.4m about 10%

If we want to look at purely Friday drops, then Fault and Magic Mike are almost certainly king. Fault went from $17.8M to $12.7M and Mike went from $17.2M to $11.4M, respectively 28% and 34% drops.

Conclusion: Friday is girls' night out.