CJohn

SUICIDE SQUAD WEEKEND THREAD | New REVISED SUNDAY NUMBER 134m FROM GURU ON PG 212 | 267.1M WW OW | Nine Lives 6.5 OW |No Spoilers Allowed!!! | ACCOUNT SALES THIS WEEKEND - see first post for details !!

• Community Manager
1 minute ago, MovieMan89 said:

Ok yeah, it's an amazing accomplishment for the WB marketing team I agree. They pulled the wool over a whole lot of us, and upsold away, so they know what they're doing. The sneaky bastards. 

Yes the sneaky bastards, doing what they are paid to do rather well. :rolleyes: Once again, $65 million OD in August for SS is amazing and beats OW projections that people were making before the hype began.

• Like 3

Just now, Biggestgeekever said:

A 40% drop on Sunday would be about the most alarming daily pattern I've ever seen.

There's no way it's gonna happen, but I do think there's a decent chance tomorrow will be below Guardians's $25.5M first Sunday.

I'm just trolling. I think that type of drop would be impossible. But I see a 27M Sunday. 

33 minutes ago, DealWithIt said:

Or it could open well because it's a good movie. It's going to be the first movie post Geoff Johns being put in charge of the movie division. Have faith.

Except movies don't open based on whether the movie is good or not. That's not possible, as nobody in the general audience has actually seen it yet lol. Movies open based on marketing and the hype said marketing creates, not to mention the reviews, which do have an effect. There are others factors as well. Is it an original movie? If so, who's it directed by? That can be an important factor as well. Is it a sequel? If so, then was the previous movie well liked? That can lead to a big opening also. 

It's only after the movie opens that you can determine whether it's good or not. 

Edited by junkshop36
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Water Bottle said:

Yes the sneaky bastards, doing what they are paid to do rather well. :rolleyes: Once again, $65 million OD in August for SS is amazing and beats OW projections that people were making before the hype began.

Oh trust me I know they did what they're paid to do very, very well. Still sneaky bastards though. 

10 hours ago, DealWithIt said:

But Civil War only came out exactly three months ago today. 

I kid. Really liked CW, though not quite as much as Winter Soldier.

*activates flame shield anyways*

I'm right there with you. Saw TWS 5 times in the theater. I shocked myself. Never saw a movie more than twice.

15 minutes ago, Blankments said:

I honestly might have enjoyed Fantastic Four more than Suicide Squad, sorry guys :/

Oh god, I was actually contemplating whether or not I did as well. :mellow: Not even gonna discuss the actual film for a few days because atm it would just be a raging mess. 

65+36+26.5 = 127.5M

A great number no question, but a bad trend. T-Mobile on Friday? If so, Sunday should have a normal low-mid 20s drop.

A 100M OW with FSS of 35+35+30 will likely have much better legs than a 100M OW with FSS of 45+35+20

So 2x would give SS 255M with a 127.5M ow.

2 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

Tracking said $125M initially and that's about where it ends up.  But this is a failure?  Terrible movie but not a failure.

Tracking had it at $140M the day before it released. Then once the movie got released it made $20.5M in previews and $65M on OD so yes when you put it in that context it's failing. When you call it a $125M its not. But context is everything. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Porthos said:

Harry Potter VII: Part 2, what a piece of crap, amirite?

But why is SS performing like a Potter finale that had throngs of fans with decades of pent up hype for it? There is just no valid excuse for this whatsoever outside of WOM. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CoolK said:

so under DP opening weekend is happening...with this kind of IM on OW...300 looks like a pipe dream now :depp:

That would be amazing for Deadpool. It would beat both Batman V Superman & Suicide Squad with an R rating and no 3D. That's kind of incredible.

6 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

holy shit i just realized 19% with top critics

I'd like to ask why people even point out the top critic's percentage.

No one cares about that. People only care about what the front page of Rotten Tomatoes says.