CJohn

SUICIDE SQUAD WEEKEND THREAD | New REVISED SUNDAY NUMBER 134m FROM GURU ON PG 212 | 267.1M WW OW | Nine Lives 6.5 OW |No Spoilers Allowed!!! | ACCOUNT SALES THIS WEEKEND - see first post for details !!

30 minutes ago, MikeQ said:

Summer Films RT Watch (Wide-Release — May/June/July/August)

1. Finding Dory - 94% - 7.7 rating
  2. The Nice Guys - 91% - 7.6 rating
  3. Captain America: Civil War - 90% - 7.6 rating
  4. Star Trek Beyond - 84% - 6.9 rating
  5. The Conjuring 2 - 80% - 6.7 rating
  6. Popstar: Never Stop Never Stopping - 77% - 6.7 rating
  7. The Shallows - 77% - 6.5 rating
  8. Lights Out - 76% - 6.3 rating
  9. Secret Life of Pets - 75% - 6.2 rating
  10. The BFG - 73% - 6.7 rating
  11. Ghostbusters - 73% - 6.5 rating
  12. The Infiltrator - 68% - 6.5 rating 
  13. Central Intelligence - 68% - 5.7 rating
  14. Bad Moms - 63% - 5.7 rating
  15. Neighbours 2: Sorority Rising - 62% - 5.7 rating
  16. Me Before You - 59% - 5.6 rating
  17. Jason Bourne - 57% - 5.9 rating
  18. Money Monster - 57% - 5.9 rating
  19. Nerve - 57% - 5.6 rating
  20. The Purge: Election Year - 54% - 5.3 rating
  21. X-Men: Apocalypse - 48% - 5.7 rating
  22. Free State of Jones - 43% - 5.4 rating
  23. Angry Birds Movie - 43% - 4.9 rating
  24. Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates - 39% - 5.0 rating
  25. TMNT: Out of the Shadows - 38% - 4.7 rating
  26. The Legend of Tarzan - 35% - 5.0 rating
  27. Now You See Me 2 - 34% - 4.9 rating
  28. Independence Day: Resurgence - 32% - 4.4 rating
  29. Alice Through the Looking Glass - 30% - 4.6 rating
  30. Warcraft - 29% - 4.2 rating
  31. Suicide Squad - 26% - 4.7 rating
  32. Ice Age: Collision Course - 12% - 3.9 rating
  33. The Darkness - 5% - 2.5 rating
  34. Nine Lives - 5% - 1.9 rating 

947.gif

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ozymandias said:

947.gif

There is nothing wrong with Suicide Squad. The biased critics have been brutal. Otherwise it would have been considered an awesome movie.

Those darn "bought" critics brought this and BvS down.  :jeb!:

6 hours ago, miketheavenger said:

Ouch at that drop. Toldya that WB will suffer from the lackluster quality of their movies in the long run.

I'm a bit concerned on the general impact to the CBM genre, something like what is happening with WB can hurt the genre via general audience getting too often disappointed and so on

15 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Their relationship and her character quite faithful to the book as is most of the plot including David's background and Vietnam and Carlos.  It's 3 hours long.  It's certainly not as viscerally action centered as the films and it's not one of the great miniseries of the 70s and 80s but it's solid and immeasurably closer to the novel.

Sounds interesting. Usually not a fan of the male lead, as in he was a ~ solid actor, but too often the chosen material / how it was done didn't work for me more often than it did.

I just searched for it here and found a DVD.... it has only mono as audio in all languages beside the English version!?  I'm now prepared for an older TV-based thing :D , it's quite some time since I ordered a mono movie not being from the '60 or earlier.

reached page 129 whilst backreading...

7 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

I'm a bit concerned on the general impact to the CBM genre, something like what is happening with WB can hurt the genre via general audience getting too often disappointed and so on

Only one that has something to worry is WB.  Marvel Studios is like Pixar at this point, while the other studios aren't even trying to play catch up.

• Like 1

The job of marketing isn't to be faithful to the actual movie. The job of marketing is to get butts in seats. Obviously the SS marketing was a home-run. 

To single out Snyder for blame -- as that article did -- is absurd. Until recently, he was one member of a joint WB/DC creative team that headed up all decisions about their CU. Does he deserve some of the blame? Of course. But that article is fan-pandering at its worst, and I'm surprised you guys are falling for it. 

• Like 10

3 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Geoff Johns

NOW. After BvS. Before that it was Zack Snyder, hence why the article MAKES sense and addresses the elephant in the room, regardless of Tele's defense. Snyder's style over substance is all over the DCEU. TO ME, Ayer successfully subverted it, but what about the critics? What about this giant drop? Zack Snyder is the problem, and sugarcoating this has been the DCEU downfall since Man of Steel. 

• Like 1

The only good thing about WB DCCU movies so far is the marketing, though even this is based on oversaturation and a lot of money spent and not brilliance from the marketing team or anything .

Anyway the bad legs are already kicking in ....fast . I'd say around 600-650 million WW , which I don't think will cover this movie's expenses , plus it also fails to create goodwill for future DCCU movies just like BvS .

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

The only good thing about WB DCCU movies so far is the marketing, though even this is based on oversaturation and a lot of money spent and not brilliance from the marketing team or anything .

Anyway the bad legs are already kicking in ....fast . I'd say around 600-650 million WW , which I don't think will cover this movie's expenses , plus it also fails to create goodwill for future DCCU movies just like BvS .

$600m is more than enough to cover. That's more three times the production budget. 

People are really not grasping how things work. 

2 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

$600m is more than enough to cover. That's more three times the production budget. 

Give me a break . This had a way over 200 million production budget with the reshoots and all and a "God knows how much" marketing budget . Studios get around half of the WW bo grosses from a movie so yeah SS isn't covering its expenses. Keep the lessons to yourself .

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

A film with 175M budget + 150M on marketing like SS needs at least 900M to break even from theater incomes, because only 50% of theater incomes goes to the studio behind the movie stateside and 25% from other markets outside the US. Studios count on theater incomes + DVD/Digital/Rental incomes + Merchandise to have a mere 100M for a major blockbuster. It is not an easy business.

Oh and I love all those "WB is still making money" posts that I read in this thread. Newsflash if SS ends up with less than 600 million WW , that would be borderline catstrophic when considering the money WB has sunk into this thing . The reshoots, the edit

ing, the change of several executives in the DCCU , the JL movie becoming a one part film e.t.c show that WB is anything but happy and how could they be ? 

• Like 1