CJohn

SUICIDE SQUAD WEEKEND THREAD | New REVISED SUNDAY NUMBER 134m FROM GURU ON PG 212 | 267.1M WW OW | Nine Lives 6.5 OW |No Spoilers Allowed!!! | ACCOUNT SALES THIS WEEKEND - see first post for details !!

1 minute ago, GiantCALBears said:

It will be closer to 125m than you think, you clearly don't understand how frontloaded this could be.

That's not a good number. If you base it strictly on BvS then it does 127. Any other CB released in the last two years and it does over 130. 135-140 seems logical.

8 minutes ago, nilephelan said:

Or how many people are throwing a bit of reality on it given the 6pm release, the potential T-Mobile fudge built in, the terrible reviews, etc....

The vast majority of people don't want this to fail and were hoping it would be a great movie.  There is no conspiracy.  

Facts are difficult to comprehend when you're a fanatic.

41 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I think the marketing swayed a lot of people but I think the DC brand while not as strong as Marvel does have selling power. 

I do think Wonder Woman will open lower than both SS and BvS simply because of its release date but it'll still be a high OW

I think DC brand is much stronger than Marvel.

I don't think Marvel could survive badly reviewed movies. DC fans come out in droves as evidenced by their OW numbers (except of course GL).

• Like 1

Just now, Alli said:

Proof that RT score doesn't matter for CBM. Teens don't care about reviews

This is not any proof at all. SS has been set to open grand for a while now. You can't stop a hypetrain just like that...

• Like 1

Just now, Baumer said:

That's not a good number. If you base it strictly on BvS then it does 127. Any other CB released in the last two years and it does over 130. 135-140 seems logical.

I'm not saying it will do $125m, I'm saying despite the great social media hype/ads this will not open like a traditional non-sequel. Even with the Olympics tonight, I expect the IM to be a lot closer to BvS as opposed to TDK.

2 minutes ago, Baumer said:

BVS $27.8m/ 166m = 5.971multi would mean $20.5/ $122.4m for SS

• Like 1

Wow!  Well there goes my free gold account - I projected 18M, w/ 118ish for the weekend. 

1 hour ago, K1stpierre said:

Seems like my 115-120M prediction will be close.

I'm thinking we both projected too low.

1 hour ago, keysersoze123 said:

it could drop on saturday minus previews not just bcos of WOM but also due to tmobile tickets. But this is good. With good reviews I wonder how I it could have gone :-(

Yeah, but today, Friday, will have great numbers in part because of TMobile.  Two days of headlines about fantastic BO will somewhat counter the RT score for people on Saturday and Sunday, imho.

1 hour ago, Hatebox said:

I guessed it would open somewhere between 60m and 200m. 

Feeling pretty damn smug right about now. 

:worthy:

1 hour ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

Flop , everyone is watching Rio tonight

Well, not those people with T Mobile tickets.

1 hour ago, Jonwo said:

Suicide Squad's advantage over BvS is that the rest of the August slate ... is terrible ...

I agree, although I don't think the people going to see BvS were necessarily the JB crowd.  In SS's case, though, Star Trek and Bourne are still out.

51 minutes ago, Baumer said:

It's pretty amazing to me that Suicide Squad was not affected by Batman vs Superman. You think that because people hated it so much it would keep them away from this one. Apparently that is not the case.

I take the movies individually.  I like Captain America and Thor, but Iron Man doesn't do much for me.  I don't care if they are all 'Marvel'. I like the real Superman and Batman but won't see Snyder's Superman.  Am totally open to Atfleck's Batman, though, and SS was an entirely different concept as far as I am concerned.  I will or won't see Wonder Woman if I think it looks good.  I don't care that they are all 'DC'.  I think there are a lot of people who like a lot of CBMs who aren't aligned rabidly with one comic book house or another.

41 minutes ago, iluvjuanki said:

I think you forgot Catwoman and Lois Lane before her.

I would put her with Poison Ivy although she may be more popular now because of her relationship with the Joker.

Lois Lane is a girlfriend and not the same.  I agree with Catwomanbut someone would have to make an iteration that works, the last Catwoman didn't go over very well.  I think Harley is much more of a cult figure than Poison Ivy, although, again, it would only take someone doing Poison Ivy well, to change that, maybe.

Edited by trifle

1 minute ago, ecstasy said:

I don't think Marvel could survive badly reviewed movies. DC fans come out in droves as evidenced by their OW numbers (except of course GL).

I honestly think if GL came out today (this year) had the similar marketing as BvS and SS, it would have had a big OW too. Its second weekend drop would have been catastrophic of course. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ecstasy said:

I think Spiderman is their only brand that would survive the critical trashing these movies have gotten and now I guess Iron Man only after many years of good will from the audience. A poorly reviewed Thor, Ant-Man, or Guardians of the Galaxy would've been DOA and never heard of again.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Alli said:

Proof that RT score doesn't matter for CBM. Teens don't care about reviews

yes RT does usually. Doesn't matter as much in OW but it is seen in the legs with the GA. of course there are always outliers.

Wild hogs, not a CBM, is a mystery to me

17 minutes ago, Baumer said:

Wtf do critics have to do with people who pay to see it? Are you saying that everyone on here who saus they liked it are lying?

Triggered.

I am just joking B, don't pay attention to me.

I love Bay, Emmerich & Snyder, trust me, I am like you, critics can say whatever the fuck they want.

2 minutes ago, Nova said:

I honestly think if GL came out today (this year) had the similar marketing as BvS and SS, it would have had a big OW too. Its second weekend drop would have been catastrophic of course. 

Possibly. But GL had one of the biggest marketing campaigns known to man. WB spared no expense with that movie. I think the marketing budget exceeded the film budget, lol. Nah I'm kidding but it was huge. I remember it being a big deal at that time.