CJohn

SUICIDE SQUAD WEEKEND THREAD | New REVISED SUNDAY NUMBER 134m FROM GURU ON PG 212 | 267.1M WW OW | Nine Lives 6.5 OW |No Spoilers Allowed!!! | ACCOUNT SALES THIS WEEKEND - see first post for details !!

1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

September/October is usually a good forum time. All the crazies have evacuated because there's no movies based on their favourite action figures to shit themselves over. Except Sully of course.

Doctor Strange opens in October OS so I guess the later half of that month will already be a fuck up. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

September/October is usually a good forum time. All the crazies have evacuated because there's no movies based on their favourite action figures to shit themselves over. Except Sully of course.

We'll still have to put up with CJohn creaming his pants over Haley Bennett.

Edited by filmlover

8 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Looks like every release coming this weekend receiving good marks from the reviewers. Really looking forward to Hell or High Water. It's at the top of my August release list along with Kubo and the Two Strings.

Is Hell or High Water expected to have a wide release at some point?

I'll go with 291 for SS assuming a 134 OW.

It's user ratings on RT, IMDB, and Metacritic all fall inbetween BvS and MoS - sometimes closer to one than the other.

BvS had a 1.99 multi and MoS had a 2.26.

MoS was a summer release so it had summer weekdays and actually has the potential for better summer legs than SS given some schools are already going back (I live in metro Atlanta and our school district started last week and all the ones that didn't start last week start today) so summer weekdays will wind down as August continues. In the South alot of schools go back before Labor Day.

Based purely on audience response (using the user rating/scores from the 3 above sites) you would expect a multi somewhere between 1.99 and 2.26. I'll give it a mutli closer to MoS since both are summer releases so say 2.17 (2/3 of the way to MoS) - that brings it to 291.

WB's marketing campaign was an A+, but once again they didn't deliver a movie that will take full advantage of the potential set up by that marketing.

• Like 7

17 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Is Hell or High Water expected to have a wide release at some point?

I think it's expanding to several hundred theaters next weekend and going wide on the 26th.

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, miketheavenger said:

At least it won't come near Deadpool's domestic total.

I wouldn't be surprised if it did less than 2.0 multiplier like BvS.

17 minutes ago, MrPink said:

Hell or High Water is going to be an acclaimed Chris Pine release that will flop, like another movie of his that released this Summer :sadben:

Does Trek 4 seem completely off the table?