jb007

Thursday - SS 8.2 JB 2.24 BM 2.17

More

Movie Distributor Gross Change Thtrs. Per Thtr. Total Gross Days
- (2) Jason Bourne Universal $2,240,385 -7% 4,039 $555   $113,162,345 14
- (3) Bad Moms STX Entertainment $2,173,461 -9% 3,215 $676   $60,011,293 14
- (4) The Secret Life of Pets Universal $1,682,905 -12% 3,417 $493   $327,102,075 35
- (8) Ice Age: Collision Course 20th Century Fox $679,059 -13% 2,738 $248   $56,673,271 21
- (10) Ghostbusters Sony Pictures $594,993 -17% 2,545 $234   $119,409,002 28
- (-) Absolutely Fabulous: The Movie Fox Searchlight $46,927 -4% 226 $208   $4,337,686 21
- (-) Mike and Dave Need Wedding … 20th Century Fox $35,058 -25% 297 $118   $45,272,453 35
- (-) Gleason Open Road $27,000 +70% 69 $391   $316,091 14
- (-) Independence Day: Resurgence 20th Century Fox $22,106 -2% 165 $134   $102,406,957 49
- (-) The Purge: Election Year Universal $17,990 -18% 207 $87   $78,931,495 42

8 minutes ago, Tele the Jet Baller said:

Writing an open letter to a company, well past the time you left, as a "fan", seems incredibly self-serving to me. 

I'd say it's eye opening. And something that a studio should expect if they went like WB has been going lately. I'm sure that we wouldn't like "how the sausage is made" by any studio, but I'm actually glad she wrote this. I'd be glad if it was Disney and the MCU screwing it up. People lose jobs all the time, but when the higher ups are the cause for the downsizing of a company, how much is too much?

9 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Kind of strange that so many outlets are already running with it.

I wonder how many of these outlets are trying to get a comment from WB. Obviously, nothing official. But, I wonder if they could get an off the record reaction or something

7 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

... when the higher ups are the cause for the downsizing of a company, how much is too much?

What do you mean? This happens all the time. In fact, I'm hard pressed to think of a situation when the higher-ups *didn't* cause downsizing. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Kind of strange that so many outlets are already running with it.

It's because they want page-clicks. They don't give a shit about whether it makes sense or not. 

Stuff like this makes me want to just walk away from fandom. 

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Tele the Jet Baller said:

Writing an open letter to a company, well past the time you left, as a "fan", seems incredibly self-serving to me. 

Of course it is. Why one earth bother if it isn't in some way self serving?  The greater good? Yeah right.:lol:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tele the Jet Baller said:

What do you mean? This happens all the time. In fact, I'm hard pressed to think of a situation when the higher-ups *didn't* cause downsizing. 

LOL Tele.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, No Prisoners said:

I knew he was a DC fanboy, Mid 40s for SS

Baumer is not a DC fanboy, lol.

But he is passionate whether he's for or against a movie.

Now Tele on the other hand...

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Tele the Jet Baller said:

It's because they want page-clicks. They don't give a shit about whether it makes sense or not. 

Stuff like this makes me want to just walk away from fandom. 

Nah. Just walk away from the internet for a bit. Get some perspective.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, parkerthegreat said:

Good for Bourne, first day it's gained on STB since opening Saturday. 

Yeah, Bourne has caught up now with it's first daily number over Star Trek Beyond since then. It's Thursday gross is only 43% down from last week. It looks headed to a weekend hold that may be much better than Beyond's equivalent weekend. Will be interesting to watch moving forward to see if Bourne will continue to out gross it or not.

Peace,

Mike

2 minutes ago, MikeQ said:

Yeah, Bourne has caught up now with it's first daily number over Star Trek Beyond since then. It's Thursday gross is only 43% down from last week. It looks headed to a weekend hold that may be much better than Beyond's equivalent weekend. Will be interesting to watch moving forward to see if Bourne will continue to out gross it or not.

Peace,

Mike

Has it opened in China?