jb007

Thursday - SS 8.2 JB 2.24 BM 2.17

1 minute ago, The Panda said:

Thats an overly generous Friday jump.  It's been tracking similar to Guardians (slighrly trailing it), it's likely going to have a a jump in the 60s.

The target audience for this is out of school and won't necessarily just see it on weekends.

It's not generous. In fact it might hit 80% based on previous years. We're in the second weekend of august guys. Tmnt MI5 were the Millers all jumped 85% second weekend of august

Baumer this week-'Gotg is the only movie we have to compare Suicide squad too. It has similar release dates, same target demo, both comic book movies, et al.'

Baumer today-'We can't compare it to Gotg!!!' 

Lmao

• Like 9

9 minutes ago, Baumer loves Dory said:

It's not generous. In fact it might hit 80% based on previous years. We're in the second weekend of august guys. Tmnt MI5 were the Millers all jumped 85% second weekend of august

None of those are good comparison points to SS though.

MI5 was well past its second weekend, We're the Millers was a WoM comedy that opened small, and (correct me if I'm wrong) TMNT couldn't have jumped that high on the second weekend of August because it opened then.

It hasn't been an exact match, but using GOTG numbers and making the drops a little worse is the closest match to Suicide Squad out of August releases.

75-80% increase is ridiculously high for this movie.

Edited by The Panda
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, Finnick said:

If they bought ticket to SS, the money goes automatically to SS even if they attend SP. SS have two strong demos, the under 17 and the 18-25 demo, the first one is targeted this week by Pete's Dragon, the second one by SP. SS will suffer from new entries this weekend, especially from SP.

Sorry, that's what I meant. Ironically, talking sausages could save SS from dropping a huge amount. Just look at the holds when PA2 opened.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/weekend/chart/?yr=2010&wknd=43&p=.htm

2 minutes ago, FilmBuff said:

Baumer this week-'Gotg is the only movie we have to compare Suicide squad too. It has similar release dates, same target demo, both comic book movies, et al.'

Lmao

It's because using another movie fits his 50m narrative better.  But yeah, he was the one who said we should be comparing it to GOTG in the first place.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, FilmBuff said:

Lmao

It's what happens when you use your heart instead of your head.

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, FilmBuff said:

Lmao

I was the one saying that we can only compare it with GotG. I don't remember Baumer ever saying that we should compare with GotG, and while I'm still not sure if we shouldn't, he does have a point and might be looking through a different angle. Let's see how this weekend's holds go first.

21 minutes ago, Spaghetti said:

It's possible that Sausage Party took a big dent out of Suicide Squad's business last night. Then again, we could see another situation where a lot of teens/young people buy tickets for the PG-13 Suicide Squad and then sneak into SP.

That didn't seem to happen on Thursday. :D

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, FilmBuff said:

Lmao

Find a post where I said that.  That wasn't me.  All I said is that GOTG crumbled this week in terms of drops, no reason for SS to do any different.  That's the only comparison I made to the two films.

2 minutes ago, The Panda said:

It's because using another movie fits his 50m narrative better.  But yeah, he was the one who said we should be comparing it to GOTG in the first place.

When did I say that?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Spaghetti said:

Sorry, that's what I meant. Ironically, talking sausages could save SS from dropping a huge amount. Just look at the holds when PA2 opened.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/weekend/chart/?yr=2010&wknd=43&p=.htm

I think reserved seating has changed the game. It was a lot easier to buy a ticket for another film and then sneak into the one you want to watch a few years back where as now a lot of theaters have reserved seating so it takes away from it. That and online buying. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Baumer loves Dory said:

Find a post where I said that.  That wasn't me.  All I said is that GOTG crumbled this week in terms of drops, no reason for SS to do any different.  That's the only comparison I made to the two films.

You also said that that drop would be 7% or 8% on Thursday.

It's clear that you're trying to imagine the best case scenario for Suicide Squad and then you're defending it as likely. It's OK. I did the exact same thing for Zootopia.

3 minutes ago, Nova said:

I think reserved seating has changed the game. It was a lot easier to buy a ticket for another film and then sneak into the one you want to watch a few years back where as now a lot of theaters have reserved seating so it takes away from it. That and online buying. 

Idk, there's still a pretty good share of theaters that still don't have reserved seating.

• Like 1

Domestic numbers for now: 170.9 million

Overseas grosses ( haven't been updated since last Sunday ): 133.3 million

If Thursday's number is correct ( assuming it won't drop or climb up a little bit ) and if this movie really drops 65% this weekend, we'll have:

170.9 + 8.3 + 46.5 ( 65% drop ) = 225.7 million

Domestic would be at 225.7 million.  I guess it has a chance of making 275-290 million. I'm being as pessimistic as possible, so I'll get surprised if it makes more than that, lol.

Overseas numbers are unpredictable ( until Tuesday, Deadline gave a new report for overseas grosses being at 163 million ). So, I guess by the weekend, oversas grosses will probably be at 220-240 million.

So, possibly 445-465 million worldwide during the weekend. Has a chance of making 600 million worldwide. 

Edited by Blaze Heatnix