Ezen Baklattan

Weekend Thread | Estimates SS 43.7m, SP 33.6m, PD 21.5, JCIJB 13.6m, BM 11.45m, SLOP 8.8m, STD 6.8m, FFJ 6.58m

4 minutes ago, RandomJC said:

So, how long till  Deadline bumps their Predict from 20 to 25?

When they get their 1PM east coast update on matinees, they'll actually decrease their prediction from $20M down to $12M. 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Nova said:

"No correlation between Thursday night previews and the weekend." aka "We have no fucking idea how to make box office predictions so we are going to make something up." 

No correlation, then they make a comparison down page of Florence and Ricki and the Flash by comparing preview numbers.... (though not theater counts where Ricki had about 17% more)

16 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

I dunno. But they're gonna try to blow our minds, that's for sure. :ph34r:

If SP wins the weekend:

"WB and Suicide Squad can suck on Rogen's sausage" 

i dunno, that's a bit too on the nose

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

No correlation, then they make a comparison down page of Florence and Ricki and the Flash by comparing preview numbers.... (though not theater counts where Ricki had about 17% more)

They make predictions all the time from preview numbers. They're rarely correct though. In this case, they're either just too lazy to do any research for this film or they're a bunch of morons. Judging them from past predictions and updates, I'm going to go with the latter. 

Edited by Nova

For anyone else moaning and groaning over how few movies making money this summer felt original or daring.. well, this one feels pretty good. 

I might go again this weekend so I can watch it with another audience.

• Like 3