Ezen Baklattan

Weekend Thread | Estimates SS 43.7m, SP 33.6m, PD 21.5, JCIJB 13.6m, BM 11.45m, SLOP 8.8m, STD 6.8m, FFJ 6.58m

1 minute ago, Baumer loves Dory said:

Sorry, but it's much more simple than this.  The film was 20 minutes of awesome and 120 minutes of absolute drek.  I realize I'm speaking of just an opinion here but it's what I believe.  I heard from my friends and other members here as well.  Civil War was a bore.

Well, that's definitely a minority opinion

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Baumer loves Dory said:

Sorry, but it's much more simple than this.  The film was 20 minutes of awesome and 120 minutes of absolute drek.  I realize I'm speaking of just an opinion here but it's what I believe.  I heard from my friends and other members here as well.  Civil War was a bore.

You and your friends seem to be in the minority all around on all these films.  Think Civil War is drek and a bore and think Suicide Squad is great.  =)

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, nilephelan said:

These things go in cycles for the most part.  WB was terrible for a while, then they couldn't miss, and now they have been bad the last few years.  

You can already see the turnaround coming though.  They recovered some this summer with the New Line titles and their marketing allowed Suicide Squad to make $300m domestic.  Possibility that War Dogs could break out a little, Sully should be fine, Storks might be a sleeper in the Hotel Transylvania slot, The Accountant has good buzz going, Fantastic Beasts will be a big hit, Live By Night is an Oscar contender, and then you start running into their 2017 slate.  

Lego Batman Movie will be a smash.  Kong: Skull Island had a great trailer and good look.  Wonder Woman, Dunkirk, Blade Runner, Justice League, etc.....  I wouldn't be surprised if they are riding a wave of success this time next year.  

Some of their modestly budgeted fare did well this summer. Also, the DC films have negative critical and audience reception and Tarzan is seemingly deep in the red, but WB will be #2 in market share this year.

Edited by superweirdo87
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

15m for SS today? :ph34r:

That would be god awful :rofl:

Then again. Watch Suicide Squad tonight or watch Michael Phelps last race? Give me the latter. 

Edited by Nova

12 minutes ago, nilephelan said:

You and your friends seem to be in the minority all around on all these films.  Think Civil War is drek and a bore and think Suicide Squad is great.  =)

They are both drek. But at least Civil War has a really good scene.

• Like 1

Profit and commercial success aside, I bet WB would love even Dark Knight Rises legs for their DC films right now at this point. They must be so grateful they still have Nolan directing films at WB, aka "mr. multiplier". Truly amazing consistency when you think that for Nolan's entire filmography, all of his films have had final multipliers of at least 3x or higher, with the only exception being Dark Knight Rises at 2.78x, mostly due to a historic box office-related tragedy that affected its run.

Edited by Fromthegrave

1 hour ago, druv10 said:

Ending hurt repeat viewing. I loved it but only saw it 3 times in theater compared to TA1 9 times.

I guess so then. I only saw it once but planned on seeing it again.

Disney does seem well positioned, though, because of their IP. Their production, budgeting, and marketing is just way up there. Yet, it is hard to feel entirely thrilled about their success given that they have mostly abandoned small to medium budget fare.

16 minutes ago, nilephelan said:

It's not just friend of mine.  I admit that there are people who like it of course but there's plenty who think it's like watching paint dry or that it's too much like remembering your homework or that the character arcs are wildly inconsistent with the other films.  Look, I don't want to get into all this again, but I just think CW flamed out because it just wasn't that good, imo.

If you are going to espouse your opinion on why it had a shitty multiplier, then it's only natural that some will disagree with you. 

20 minutes ago, Baumer loves Dory said:

Id disagree, nilephelan's logic makes the most sense given that the film did get a lot of praise from the majority of those who saw it.  And I'm not speaking from a place of trying to defend the movies WoM because I loved it, because I didn't.  I mostly share your personal opinion on its quality.

• Like 1

With BvS and SS both showing the lack of staying power, I wouldn't be surprised if more studios challenge future DCEU films at the box office, meaning WB is going to have a harder time for future films. Marvel films make as much as they do because rival studios normally give them a week or two breathing room before challenging them....

• Like 2

Just now, Baumer loves Dory said:

It's not just friend of mine.  I admit that there are people who like it of course but there's plenty who think it's like watching paint dry or that it's too much like remembering your homework or that the character arcs are wildly inconsistent with the other films.  Look, I don't want to get into all this again, but I just think CW flamed out because it just wasn't that good, imo.

If you are going to espouse your opinion on why it had a shitty multiplier, then it's only natural that some will disagree with you. 

You are way off and this is about as silly as the people trying to press so hard after the fact that The Force Awakens wasn't good or somehow has backlash.  

• Like 8

Nah guys, if baumer believes it it's not a minority opinion. He kinda represents his own country with his opinion. Our country as well! He's a real 'voice of the people' type. I heard they won't even make Infinity War after his slams against Ultron and Civil War. 

:D

Edited by Gopher
  • Like 4