Ezen Baklattan

Weekend Thread | Estimates SS 43.7m, SP 33.6m, PD 21.5, JCIJB 13.6m, BM 11.45m, SLOP 8.8m, STD 6.8m, FFJ 6.58m

2 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

It took the MCU 13 movies to hit franchise fatigue.

DCEU is going to experience fatigue much, much sooner if they don't improve the quality control ASAP.

Making $400M+ is not a sign of franchise fatigue lol.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Yep. If WW is another BvS/SS received film then 125-150 for JL DOM, which is absolutely a disaster for that movie. 

It will increase from BVS no matter how WW performs. I guarantee you that.

People love this version of Batman and Superman. Not talking about internet trolls, talking about the real people. And they love The Flash and Wonder Woman and Cyborg.

Just now, MovieMan89 said:

Lord the DCEU fans are deluded. They've actually convinced themselves 1.9x multis somehow equal good WOM "outside of the internet!" 

Even better is when they blame everyone else but WB and the filmmakers lmao.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

People love this version of Batman and Superman. Not talking about internet trolls, talking about the real people. And they love The Flash and Wonder Woman and Cyborg.

They barely know "The Flash" and "Cyborg" based on what , less than 10 seconds a piece in BvS. Sure JL may do outstanding at the box office, but saying people "LOVE" Cyborg and the Flash is a little bit of a stretch, don't you think?

Edited by WilliamK99

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

Even better is when they blame everyone else but WB and the filmmakers lmao.

But that happens for things other than movies as well, just fire those at the lowest levels of the organisation and expect things to improve. It just doesn't work that way but the ones are the top truly believe the ones are the bottom are at fault and not themselves.

15 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

DCEU is going to experience fatigue much, much sooner if they don't improve the quality control ASAP.

More like the MCU has levelled off. It's solo films make 175-250M and the team ups/Iron Man are 400M. Until you see a drastic decline from that there isn't exactly fatigue yet.

DCEU is too young to get any fatigue. 250-350M is their range. Wait till they fall well below that mark.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

LOL no. how can people "love" The flash or Cyborg? All we've seen of either was a YouTube trailer promo within BvS. That is such a ridiculous statement to make at this point.

and most people certainly don't love this iteration of Superman. "tolerate" maybe.

• Like 3

My goodness, how old are you people? For all the making fun of tele's age, I would think most of you are under 30, but I'm not seeing an adaptation to how the world has changed.

Why are 3x multis rare? Is it only due to WOM and critical praise? Are we living in the 1980s? Once upon a time, the top blockbuster might open up in 1-3 theaters in a state, and you'd mostly know about it by watching the news, reading the newspaper, or if your friend is lucky enough to stand in line for two hours, saw it, and told you about it. You'd wait several weeks before lines became reasonable, and then may be able to get into the matinee or a weekday night. Multis would be higher because even if in high demand, you wouldn't see thousands of showings open in your city. Also, multis would be higher in ancient times because without the internet, many people have no idea the whats and whens of a movie. They'll eventually flock to the theater when a slower process of WOM reaches them. 

Right now, in modern times, it's easier to get to see the movie on its first week due to the giant theater chains and reserved seating. I could buy Star Wars tickets for myself and all my friends in a reserved-seating theater the day before previews. Also, think about the effect of the internet. People aren't reliant on just WOM and critics anymore. Once upon a time, you'd have to bother to find a movie review in the newspaper or be lucky enough to catch a trailer for it in another movie. Now, the information for any movie is right before you on the internet. People decide whether they want to watch a movie or not months before the movie debuts. Highly anticipated movies will have much larger opening weekends, and thus much lower multis, especially if they appeal is to the young-adults, especially females (see Twilight and Harry Potter) who are willing to stand in line like zealots. Movies are becoming more critic-proof because OW moviegoers do not need to have critical approval to go watch a movie. Suicide Squad gave the example of 4% cared what critics thought. Movies are not going to have 3,4, 5x multis as much any more because the infrastructure to market and distribute a movie has become much more advanced, and this has lead to giant OWs for extremely anticipated movies.

Why are 3x multis strongly reviewed animation? They don't even need a good review, really. Look at Minions. Why are they animation? Animation tends to draw the whole family. That in itself assures more tickets sold. Now, why the stronger legs? Well, here's the thing, it's tough filling your whole family into the theater on the first week so some people wait to watch the movie later. Kids wanting to watch the movie require their parents to have adequate time off to take them. Many adults who want to watch the animation might not want to be in theaters filled with kids, so they wait. Kids can be glued to the internet and know all about which movies they want to see or when, but many aren't of age to be like that yet, so they could follow more traditional forms of WOM. So, for animated films, the OW compared to its final gross is subdued, and hence 3x multis or better. These factors cause animated films to behave more like movies did 30 years ago.

This is all in my opinion, of course.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

I read comics and know very little about  Cyborg.   You can also love these characters and people do love them.  But you can demand they are in better films.  In fact these characters deserve that

And I say this as someone who liked theit films but they could be better 

Edited by DAR

33 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Being the number 1 movie worldwide in 2016 is a sign of franchise fatigue, right ?

Because it had Iron Man, it was supposed to do 1,5 B WW because a law has been written somewhere that says it, right ?

Never change BOT.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, UrosepsisFace said:

My goodness, how old are you people? For all the making fun of tele's age, I would think most of you are under 30, but I'm not seeing an adaptation to how the world has changed.

This is the reaction of most people around here every time a new comic book movie opens tbh.

Can we make bets on Justice League breaking 100m OW? I'd be willing to bet $100k. Any takers?

There are some online indicators that nerds are more excited abut seeing the Flash than Suicide Squad, and this was during the heavy Suicide Squad push and prior to reviews.