Fullbuster

The Mandalorian | March 2023 for S3

19 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I mean... it's just so... I mean... come on. It's so shallow and dull.

I agree. I enjoyed the first two episodes expecting the show to get more interesting as it went along but its at the same spot as the end of the first episode and we only have 3 episodes left. And why did they make Tatooine look so boring? Tatooine (especially Mos Eisley) was my favourite part of the both TPM and ANH because of weird weird the whole place was. Tatooine in this show looks so grey and no different to the planet that Werner Herzog is in.

Edited by lorddemaxus

46 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

I agree. I enjoyed the first two episodes expecting the show to get more interesting as it went along but its at the same spot as the end of the first episode and we only have 3 episodes left. And why did they make Tatooine look so boring? Tatooine (especially Mos Eisley) was my favourite part of the both TPM and ANH because of weird weird the whole place was. Tatooine in this show looks so grey and no different to the planet that Werner Herzog is in.

I didn't even enjoy the first 2 episodes and I am shocked just how little has followed them. I haven't seen such an empty season of anything in a while.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Porthos said:

Nice solid episode.  Played a little more straight than I thought (kinda thought the green kid was pulling an act).

Not the best of the season so far, but I'd rate it better than last week's.  Good solid 8/10.

Now just what was up with that final shot? ZTvo87j.png ZTvo87j.png ZTvo87j.png 

My shot in the dark prediction is that it's Giancarlo and Ming-Na was only mostly dead and he uses her as extra muscle in the final couple episodes.

3 hours ago, Inceptionzq said:

That guy at the end... I know people want it to be Boba. But read about this dude and tell me it doesn’t make sense

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Cobb_Vanth

But if it's just that, then why put emphasis on it in the final shot?

This show is starting to feel a lot like TCW with the side quests and not really worrying too much about the main plotline. I'm kinda digging that vibe (other than episode 2). As long as the individual episodes are engaging enough, it's nice.

Edited by Menor

7 minutes ago, Inceptionzq said:

To tease people.

It’s probably Giancarlo’s character, but it would fit if it were Cobb.

My irrational hope is Cad Bane...I don't think he's canonically dead right? Or is that unfinished ep canon still?

Edited by Menor

10 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Do we actually know the outcome of that fight or are most people just inferring?

(sorry for the side discussion, y'all)

I think because Bane got knocked down and as far as we know didn't have any beskar, he likely died. But who knows, Bane was pretty cunning and might have hidden something in that hat.

Getting back on topic, the only problem I have with the theory that it's Moff Gideon is that the figure appeared to be alone (Granted we don't get much of a shot), and it seems unlikely that an Imperial official would do his own dirty work. I'm thinking it's more likely to be either Boba or Cobb.

• Like 2

Enjoyed this episode and loved the callbacks to Star Wars/A New Hope, however overall probably towards the bottom of the pack for me as far as how I’d rate the episodes.

That last shot is very interesting though, I gotta admit when I saw it I assumed it was either Greef Karga or Herzog/Giancarlo. But just watched it again and there is for sure a clunking sound of some armour, that doesn’t rule out the others that I previously listed, but yeah I guess it could be another bounty hunter like a Boba Feet. 

Also so very much enjoy the new cover art they have up for the Mando it’s a shot of the Mando and Cara Dune from the last episode. 

Edited by Jamiem

Welp, I just went "shit it feels like a long time since I saw Mandalorian, a new episode must be out by now". I genuinely forgot a new episode had come out and that I saw it just two days ago. It feels so aimless and empty to not almost feel like a giant waste of time.