Fullbuster

The Mandalorian | March 2023 for S3

Considering the episode ended with Mando and the kid still on the planet, my gut inclination is that Episode 2

Spoiler

Will probably resolve the Fennec Shand dangling thread from the end of Season 1 Episode 5 in one way or another before they leave town

15 hours ago, 4815162342 said:

The KOTOR fan in me was kiddy about the krayt dragon stuff since they lifted some things directly from the game.

That bit really made me smile, it was literally lifted from KOTOR except it didn’t end with me running around in circles shooting sand people until they all died. 

That IMAX style aspect ratio change was damn nice too. I bet that would have looked stunning on an IMAX screen.

Great premiere, can’t wait for the rest. Also, more Timothy Olyphant please.

Edited by SnokesLegs
  • Like 1

This is a really great Twitter thread.  Too long to quote in full, so I suggest people read it if only for the sheer joy delivered throughout as well as his observations about how good his wife is at her job as an exec in the streaming side of Disney.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jamiem said:

This is a great Twitter thread

1 hour ago, Porthos said:

This is a really great Twitter thread.  Too long to quote in full, so I suggest people read it if only for the sheer joy delivered throughout as well as his observations about how good his wife is at her job as an exec in the streaming side of Disney.

tumblr_oe4z5v2QG21rszoo3o4_r1_500.gif

• Haha 3

Now, THAT is how you change aspect ratio!

Man... I fucking LOVE this. This show is what I've wanted from Star Wars for as long as I can remember...

It's great how it uses the existing references and expands on them and builds them into the world, as opposed to the "Look at this! You remember Tusken Raiders? I member!" style fan service in, say Rogue One or episode 9.

I've just watched it on a Saturday morning, and what better way to start the weekend, as this is like a classic saturday-morning adventure TV show.

Can't get the words out as to how much I love this. ❤️

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Jayhawk the Hutt said:

Enjoyed episode 1 more than the vast majority of S1. Setpiece was great. Budget jump for this was pretty clearly enormous.

I'm not sure if the budget really changed.

Season 1 was already the second or third most expensive show per episode, and production of season 2 already started before they could see how successful the show would be. Seems unlikely that they would blow up the budget before even having any idea of how much success they would have.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, George Parr said:

I'm not sure if the budget really changed.

Season 1 was already the second or third most expensive show per episode, and production of season 2 already started before they could see how successful the show would be. Seems unlikely that they would blow up the budget before even having any idea of how much success they would have.

To me, at least, it definitely looked visually better than S1. Not sure if that was caused by budget, though. 

Edited by Menor

1 hour ago, Menor said:

To me, at least, it definitely looked visually better than S1. Not sure if that was caused by budget, though. 

Probably just a seasons worth of expertise under the set of tools they have.  Might indeed have been a budget boost, but confidence and experience go a long way as well.

• Like 3