Fullbuster

The Mandalorian | March 2023 for S3

Spoiler

@Porthos

I did not recognize him. But it doesn’t help that he’s bald and has aged like 15 years. My friend had to tell me who he was. Yeah I think it still works because I was like who is the mysterious man? Let’s tune in next week to find out!

She was really funny. Did you not recognize the armor?!?!!!! Yes, I recognized it. I just thought all Mandalorian armor looks like that. 😂

And despite defying all logic on how I know clone aging works, It could be Rex. You can’t tell me that’s not Rex until they tell me it’s Rex!! 🤣

That was delightful. I think the show works better with that leads more into a western. Also, what a concept: Monsters in daylight!!! 

• Like 4

The one thing, the ONLY thing as I think about is, much like the season finale last year, I hope the discussion over the ending doesn't drown out the rest of the episode, as it really was a mighty fine piece of storytelling. 

It deserves to be discussed in its own right without talk about the ending overshadowing things.

One of the reasons I switched topics a bit in my last spoiler barred post.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Cap said:
  Hide contents

@Porthos

And despite defying all logic on how I know clone aging works, It could be Rex. You can’t tell me that’s not Rex until they tell me it’s Rex!! 🤣

Spoiler

I actually made a post wondering if Dave Filoni was intentionally screwing with us and that was really Rex but I edited it out after thinking about it. :hahaha:

Not just the aging though, but the lack of beard.  Think Rex would give up that fine beard of his?

I DON'T THINK SO! 

Still, Rex is almost certain to show up at some point, IMO.  Not that hard to "age" Temuera up. 

Ahsoka's gotta have one or two pals of her tagging along after all. ;)

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Just finished off a PM as I head to bed.  :hahaha:

(would already BE in bed if I wasn't replying to you. ;))

This is good to know. Because now I’m going to bed because I don’t need to wait for a response

• Like 2

You could tell Jon Favreau directed this episode just overall felt a step above any of the other episodes direction wise except maybe the Deborah Chow ones. 

It was another of those side quest episodes but execution wise it was great so no complaints. And this episode is a great example of using established canon to your advantage while not alienating the casual fan who is watching just for Baby Yoda.

6 hours ago, Porthos said:

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

A limited series spin-off with the events that happen in Aftermath would be great. The Mandalorian changes Cobb’s story up a bit, but the general gist of what happens would still make for a fun spin-off.

• Like 1

BTW, no one has mentioned it yet here, but...

Spoiler

It was great to see a close up shot at just  the right angle to confirm that R5 got its faulty motivator replaced. ♥️

(there is scorching marks right around the area where it blew up and the camera shot is placed so there is absolutely no doubt whatsoever as to which droid that is.  THAT'S how you do an easter egg. 👍

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 5

A great first episode. A bit derivative but it’s a TV show so that’s going to happen. Loved seeing everyone that we saw, lots of juicy stuff for the hardcore fans. 

I’ve already got a bunch of theories about how things will play out this year. My only real hope for the season is that it’s more linear and less episodic. 

5 hours ago, 4815162342 said:

The KOTOR fan in me was kiddy about the krayt dragon stuff since they lifted some things directly from the game.

Oh yeah, that was very reminiscent of the game. The inclusion of the Sand People, the cave the dragon was in, using Banthas as bait, using explosives to kill the dragon, the Pearl inside it. It was obviously more drawn out and epic, but otherwise clearly taken from KOTOR. It's great to see some people involved haven't forgotten about it. It's some of the finest Star Wars stuff out there.

The only bad thing about things from KOTOR being picked up here and there in other parts of Star Wars is that it makes an actual version of KOTOR less likely.

Edited by George Parr
  • Like 2