Ezen Baklattan

Weekend Actuals: Don't breathe 26.4M, Squad 12.25M, Kubo 7.85M., Sausage 7.5M, Mechanic 7.5M, Dragon 7.4M, War Dogs 7M

5 minutes ago, Gandalf the Off-White said:

Erin Brockovich

Screwed

My Dog Skip

Was one of my favorites I remember seeing.

Great for Don't Breathe! Looking forward to seeing it. Nice to see Free Alvarez looks be making good on some of the promise he showed with Evil Dead.

Love your username! :lol: 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

So, who does the 3D conversion? I mean, Jason Bourne was filmed in 2D and has a China 3D release. How does that work?

There are companies that just do 3D conversions. It's a lot of work and requires a lot of roto and painting. 3D conversions are generally pretty good these days, but of course some movies (and styles) don't lend themselves well to the format because they weren't originally shot with it in mind -- certainly Greengrass' style is one of those. I'm surprised Universal chose to do even a limited release in 3D.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, filmlover said:

A Transformers Sex Tape? Whoo boy.

That theatre is in Portland (I actually went there many times in undergrad), and they're exactly the kind of place that I would expect has its hands on a Transformers sex tape (and in IMAX, no less).

3 minutes ago, Webslinger said:

That theatre is in Portland (I actually went there many times in undergrad), and they're exactly the kind of place that I would expect has its hands on a Transformers sex tape (and in IMAX, no less).

Which one is it? It looks vaguely like Lloyd Center... but it's been 20 years since I've seen a movie there. :lol: 

2 hours ago, filmlover said:

Other celebrities having birthdays today: Chris Pine, Melissa McCarthy, Dylan O'Brien.

My son shares a birthday with a bunch of cool people.

Im satisfied with who I share my birthday with. minka-kelly-15715.jpg (For those that don't know Minka Kelly). 

Edited by Rman823
  • Like 4

Just now, NuTella Lover of Sky Beams said:

Which one is it? It looks vaguely like Lloyd Center... but it's been 20 years since I've seen a movie there. :lol: 

It's definitely Lloyd. 30 years and still going strong-ish (I assume; I haven't been there since the preview night for Iron Man 3).

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, NuTella Lover of Sky Beams said:

I'm surprised Universal chose to do even a limited release in 3D.

The 3D version probably has a bigger rollout internationally compared to 2D, especially since every screen in China seems to be a 3D release almost.

• Like 1

RESERVED SEATING REPORT

There will be a reserved seating report today.   The theaters are located in the entirety Orange County California.  There is 10 theaters to collect information from plus an additional 3 theaters that reserve seats for IMAX or RPX.  406 show times are to be recorded from 11:00am to 11:00pm.  4 shows already happened between 10:30 and 10:45am that were missed.  Also, numerous shows after 11:00pm are happening that will not be recorded.  Previously, a movie selling out Friday night lead to additional showings with the cancellation of show times for older films.  I will not mention this, just show results.  An observing note to keep in mind is that the prices for reserved seating are usually VIP or premium price in some regard.  Therefore, per screen averages will be jacked up and it will be hard to correlate between this and the actual per screen average for the other 3,000+ theaters.  Show times will be missed.  Errors will be made.  If I can get 400 out of 406 show times, that will be a win.  One last thing to keep in mind is that reserved seating does not show last minute walkups.  The information taken will be recorded anywhere between 10 minutes to 2 seconds before the actual start time.  Once the time has passed, online reserved seating is no longer available. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Rman823 said:

Im satisfied with who I share my birthday with. minka-kelly-15715.jpg (For those that don't know Minka Kelly). 

I share a birthday with Patrick Stump and some guy from Duck Dynasty :sadben:

On the flip side, I also share one with Sally Hawkins, Matt Reeves, Coretta Scott King, and Ulysses S. Grant :) 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, a2knet said:

PD could beat KUBO this weekend.

Their Thu are 989.5k vs 879.4k to PD.

7.5 vs 7 over the weekend to PD I think.

Depends on if Kubo is skewing younger or not.  It had a slightly larger drop Monday but that could just be because it just opened. 

I had both in the 7-7.5 range then flipped a coin for the Derby :lol:

Edited by TalismanRing