Ezen Baklattan

Weekend Actuals: Don't breathe 26.4M, Squad 12.25M, Kubo 7.85M., Sausage 7.5M, Mechanic 7.5M, Dragon 7.4M, War Dogs 7M

29 minutes ago, trifle said:

The flip side is to the extent they sold them, it covered production budget making what they do take in more along the lines of sheer profit.

ooops, Tele said that first.  (I guess you both lost bets again....what ARE these names?)

:lol:  Mine was a deal I struck with @Baumer loves Oogieloves and @CJohn that they had to see a weird art movie if I changed my name.

In terms of profit: they have the domestic take plus all additional domestic revenues. Plus there may be some overseas territories they didn't presell.

• Like 2

I get that 3D tickets cost more but I don't see how you can release a film that's meant to be in 2D in 3D. And why is Bourne only released like that in China? The same thing is being done for The Shallows in China and I just don't get why. Like do they want to see what Matt Damon's abs look like coming out of the screen or are Blake Lively's ass and cleavage shots not plastered enough on the big screen? 

Very confusing to me. 

Good number for Don't breath , I'm going to predict a 23M OW. Horror is doing well this year , not that I'm complaining. I love a good horror movie and I can't wait to watch Don't breath. I'm still waiting for Lights out to open here (09/08) god knows when Don't breath will grace our cinemas.