Ezen Baklattan

Weekend Actuals: Don't breathe 26.4M, Squad 12.25M, Kubo 7.85M., Sausage 7.5M, Mechanic 7.5M, Dragon 7.4M, War Dogs 7M

Sony has actually had a pretty damn good year.  They may have lost with Ghostbusters, Brothers Grimsby, and PPZ, but they'll make up for it with grosses from their other films.  People that say Sony will shut down just because of Ghostbusters are full of shit.

• Like 1

Just now, ecstasy said:

Ok this is more so against the exploitation of 3D overall and not just Bourne. Bourne was the last straw.

A post-converted 3D Bourne movie with the handheld, jerky action does sound like such a perfect fit though. I wonder why audiences are angry.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, grim22 said:

A post-converted 3D Bourne movie with the handheld, jerky action does sound like such a perfect fit though. I wonder why audiences are angry.

Yeah it does. Match made in heaven. What's to complain about? Should be happy to get it.

12 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

What a year for horror. And what a year for Sony (ignoring the Ghostbusters thing) - Risen, Miracles From Heaven, Angry Birds, Sausage Party, The Shallows, Money Monster, and now Don't Breathe. And they've still got The Magnificent Seven, When The Bough Breaks, Passengers, Billy Lynn, and assuming it doesn't nosedive from the previous two entries, Inferno to go. A true rebound from their disastrous 2015.

It's funny that Ghostbusters is their highest grosser domestically.

Shame about that budget. Still, they won't be losing any money this year.

51 minutes ago, babz06 said:

Evil Deadpool had 1.8m previews as well and opened to 25.7m. So high teens should be goal.

Took me a while to realize that you meant Evil Dead. Although a movie called Evil Deadpool sounds like it would be pretty good.

Just now, grim22 said:

Took me a while to realize that you meant Evil Dead. Although a movie called Evil Deadpool sounds like it would be pretty good.

Evil person makes an exact copy of Deadpool's costume.  uses it to his advantage to kill good people.  Deadpool fights him.  He wins.

ROLL CREDITS

28 minutes ago, ThatOneMechanic said:

Sony has actually had a pretty damn good year.  They may have lost with Ghostbusters, Brothers Grimsby, and PPZ, but they'll make up for it with grosses from their other films.  People that say Sony will shut down just because of Ghostbusters are full of shit.

PPZ wasn't that expensive and they only handled distribution in the US and a handful of territories. They still have Mag 7 which will likely be successful and Billy Lynn will be a critical hit as well

1 hour ago, Baumer loves Oogieloves said:

Here's an article that says they are selling foreign rights...doesn't say they sold them all.

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/jason-statham-mechanic-resurrection-2016-1201351021/

The flip side is to the extent they sold them, it covered production budget making what they do take in more along the lines of sheer profit.

ooops, Tele said that first.  (I guess you both lost bets again....what ARE these names?)

Edited by trifle
  • Like 1