Ezen Baklattan

Weekend Actuals: Don't breathe 26.4M, Squad 12.25M, Kubo 7.85M., Sausage 7.5M, Mechanic 7.5M, Dragon 7.4M, War Dogs 7M

1 hour ago, grim22 said:

Speaking of Fellow Kids, this is CBS's new attempt to appeal to the "kids"

and I have no idea what the hell this even is

and this is the actual synopsis of a new show

Generated by the mad-libs plot generator

That  Great Indoors show actually looks funny to me:jeb!: Dont look at me like that, I watched TBBT for like 7 seasons.

1 hour ago, Water Bottle said:

It's not that they've run out of ideas for shows. They haven't and there's some pretty nifty shows coming up IMO. It's that they are trying to follow the same strategy as movie studios to mitigate risk: depend on brand names to drum up ratings.

Hence why we got Lethal Weapon, Rush Hour and The Exorcist becoming TV shows.

(I also wouldn't knock on movies becoming TV shows. Friday Night Lights TV show was way better than the movie from what I hear and the Parenthood TV show on NBC was truly fantastic.)

I cant hate on tv shows based on movies because Buffy the Vampire Slayer is one of the greateat shows ever.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Sometimes I have to wonder what it's like working on a show that's certain to get poor reviews and see a swift cancellation due to no one watching. Like, did Matt LeBlanc accept Man with a Plan thinking "yep, I'm totally set for the next five years"? Doubt it.

No one on a show has any expectations until the network picks up the back half of the season order. 

3 minutes ago, Baumer loves Oogieloves said:

Is it possible to take the TV talk into the TV thread?  

The TV talk is more or less related to movie talk (aka: both sides are completely out of ideas at this point).

Only gonna get worse next weekend with two new releases that are almost certain to open with less than $10M.

5 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

That  Great Indoors show actually looks funny to me:jeb!: Dont look at me like that, I watched TBBT for like 7 seasons.

It looks like it's trying too hard to be this edgy "oh, millennials are soooo stupid amirite?" thing yet it's literally got a laugh track and it's made by the co-creator of Tosh.0.

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

The TV talk is more or less related to movie talk (aka: both sides are completely out of ideas at this point).

Only gonna get worse next weekend with two new releases that are almost certain to open with less than $10M.

Except one of the releases is a movie that caters to an older audience 

16 minutes ago, grim22 said:

All the holdovers from this weekend will most likely stay flat or increase over the 4-day weekend compared to the 3-day this week. The openers of this weekend will probably fall 10-20% at max. Wonder if Dory and Pets will expand over next weekend.

Dory might. There's no need for SLOP to expand since it's still in 2k theaters.

2 minutes ago, DAR said:

Except one of the releases is a movie that caters to an older audience 

So? The Light Between Oceans (which I'm gonna go out and assume is the one you're talking about lol) isn't gonna make much. Disney (who are releasing it as the final movie in their DW deal) is completely dumping it.

Edited by filmlover

7 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Best TV show based on a movie. Go.

Spoiler

You don't need to go. The answer will always be M*A*S*H*

Edited by 4815162342
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Sometimes I have to wonder what it's like working on a show that's certain to get poor reviews and see a swift cancellation due to no one watching. Like, did Matt LeBlanc accept Man with a Plan thinking "yep, I'm totally set for the next five years"? Doubt it.

Dr. Ken got renewed for Season 2, and Last Man Standing is reaching Season 6. You never know which show will make it before the show airs. Although I would lay bets on Imaginary Mary and Lethal Weapon not making it too far into the season.

9 minutes ago, Alpha said:

It looks like it's trying too hard to be this edgy "oh, millennials are soooo stupid amirite?" thing yet it's literally got a laugh track and it's made by the co-creator of Tosh.0.

Is Tosh.0 still on?

• Community Manager
9 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Once again, it's not that they are "out of ideas" it's that they don't like the risk that comes with "new" ideas. This is true for both film and TV.

49 minutes ago, ThatOneMechanic said:

If it gets that weekend number and has Conjuring legs, it'll hit 90M.

Holy.  Shit.

It probably won't have Conjuring legs, but it'll still do well regardless. Plus it was made with a cheap-budget like most movies of it's kind.

Edited by Daniel Dylan Davis