WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates (Page 28): Magnificent 7 35M | Storks 21.8M | Sully 13.8M | Bridget Jones 4.5M

Just now, MovieMan89 said:

Lol, and there's Free Birds from a few years back. There's an animated bird curse in general it seems. 

Surf's Up too, there have been successful animated bird films but they seem limited to chickens and parrots. Penguins only got one successful film in Happy Feet, all other animated films with penguins as stars have flopped ever since. 

I doubt Warner Bros would do it but I'd love to see an Animaniacs movie either as fully animated or hybrid. 

• Like 1

BTW saw The Magnificent Seven, while it didn't live-up to it's title, I thought it was a pretty solid western. The cast really helped, and I think some of the shoot-out scenes were very well-done, although you could tell that parts of the film were written by The Pizzaman. @MrPink

Edited by Daniel Dylan Davis

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Her reign has begun CJohn. Magnificent Seven, Girl on the Train, and Rules Don't Apply. JLaw will be in the retirement home by the end of the year.

They will rule supreme together. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

Storks' budget is only $70 million so decent legs should put it in the black, but with its reviews that's not a guarantee and it's a far cry from Lego Movie or Hotel Transylvania

Stork's lucky there isn't a family film for another month so it could have decent legs but it's missing $100m domestic for sure, OS could save it but as I mentioned Trolls has an early OS release which will affect it somewhat. 

• Like 1

I still can't believe they cast a thin, gorgeous girl for The Girl on the Train. Emily Blunt is a great and endlessly watchable actress but the whole point of the story is that she's fat and feels worthless and undesirable and lives vicariously through a beautiful woman she sees from the train.