WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates (Page 28): Magnificent 7 35M | Storks 21.8M | Sully 13.8M | Bridget Jones 4.5M

4 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

Presales started today and look strong already.  It is going to hit a demographic (female and date crowd) that is absolutely starved for content.  

The Girl on the Train should do well, I wouldn't be surprised if Inferno cracks $100m although even if it doesn't, the OS numbers will likely make it a hit. 

Bridget Jones while doing poorly in the US,  is killing it in the U.K. and doing well in other countries. You wonder if Universal should have bothered with a wide release in the US given the previous two films weren't huge.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

The Girl on the Train should do well, I wouldn't be surprised if Inferno cracks $100m although even if it doesn't, the OS numbers will likely make it a hit. 

Bridget Jones while doing poorly in the US,  is killing it in the U.K. and doing well in other countries. You wonder if Universal should have bothered with a wide release in the US given the previous two films weren't huge.

The second one wasn't but the first one was pretty sizable, it made $5m less than Training Day domestically and adjusts to about $110m.  It's a shame this one isn't doing better than the second one (adjusts to $56m) which was awful but I guess too much time has passed.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

Presales started today and look strong already.  It is going to hit a demographic (female and date crowd) that is absolutely starved for content.  

Hopefully it is not just some book fans rushing to get tickets.

3 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

The second one wasn't but the first one was pretty sizable, it made $5m less than Training Day domestically and adjusts to about $110m.  It's a shame this one isn't doing better than the second one (adjusts to $56m) which was awful but I guess too much time has passed.

Bridget doesn't click with US audiences in the same way it does in the U.K., its the same with The BFG, bombed in the US but was a sizeable hit in the UK. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

I always thought Denzel didn't deserve his paycheck but if studios agree to give him that kind of money, it s probably worth it to them.

Denzel really does have one of the scariest "I'm gonna kick your ass" stares in the business. I'm sure it comes in handy in salary negotiations.

• Like 11