efialtes76

Weekend Thread: Peregrine: 28.5| Deep: 20.6| M7: 15.7 pg 22

1 minute ago, Alli said:

You heard something or just a feeling?

All the pre-screening buzz was that it's a decent movie with a fantastic lead performance. Some Twitter reactions were negative though.

We'll see tomorrow. I'm rooting for it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ddddeeee said:

All the pre-screening buzz was that it's a decent movie with a fantastic lead performance. Some Twitter reactions were negative though.

We'll see tomorrow. I'm rooting for it.

I feel like it'll at least get in the mid 70s on RT. 

1 hour ago, WrathOfHan said:
22 13 Pete's Dragon (2016) BV $271,000 -68.9% 440 -790 $616 $74,698,658 $65 8
23 23 Star Trek Beyond Par. $210,000 -30.7% 280 -58 $750 $158,428,433 $185 11
24 16 Sausage Party Sony $185,000 -67.1% 230 -321 $804 $96,776,399 $19 8

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiip. 

I have a secret wish that Sony will do the magic to both films, like they have done to Stepbrothers, Zohan or Bad Teacher. Still, they didn't do it with Green Hornet which also stars Seth Gordon.

M7 is in a more difficult situation, IMO. But it remains to be seen if it could maintain audiences throughout October when there are clearly less competition than, let say, in 2014.

• Like 1

Hey, not bad at all for Peregrine, a bit higher than I predicted, that's real nice. This movie was perfect for Tim Burton's style and I find it hard for anyone who really likes him as a director to dislike this film. Yes, it's a bit slow but I thought it was just the kind of pace this movie asked for.

Nice to see that OS isn't doing too badly either.

I hope it has great legs, it deserves it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Arlborn said:

Hey, not bad at all for Peregrine, a bit higher than I predicted, that's real nice. This movie was perfect for Tim Burton's style and I find it hard for anyone who really likes him as a director to dislike this film. Yes, it's a bit slow but I thought it was just the kind of pace this movie asked for.

Nice to see that OS isn't doing too badly either.

I hope it has great legs, it deserves it.

It should make some profit. But overseas will help it big time. 

5 hours ago, Alli said:

Seeing as how Peregrine managed 28M this weekend, i don't see how The Girl on the train misses 30M. Bigger book sales and a relatively well know lead actress. Peregrine didn't even have great reviews.

Peregrine benefits also from being a family friendly very Burton-y Burton film.

Most of GOTT's press tour has been like a campaign for Emily's Oscar. I don't think Universal would have pushed it this hard if they knew they had a total stinker on their hands. Most reviews I've seen online have been positive. The only thing that worries me is that they have such a small social media presence, but it seems that is what they wanted.

1 minute ago, Frozen said:

Most of GOTT's press tour has been like a campaign for Emily's Oscar. I don't think Universal would have pushed it this hard if they knew they had a total stinker on their hands. Most reviews I've seen online have been positive. The only thing that worries me is that they have such a small social media presence, but it seems that is what they wanted.

Expect another 80%+ over 25 demographic score.

• Like 1