chasmmi

Official BOT top 150 Animated Movies Countdown

56 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

I didn't vote so I'm not in a position to complain about the ranking, but I'll say what Finding Nemo is to chasmmi Ratatouille is to me.

Maybe try watching it (Ratatouille) again if you haven't already? I didn't like it the first time I watched it, but after a second watch I realized it's a masterpiece. 

Oh, I've watched it many times trying to love it and I've given up.

The clip Spidey posted here is indeed great, the problem is the half hour that comes after it is AWFUL, imo. I also disliked the writing of the characters in general and the implied message that you should exploit legally bound nepotism to achieve your dreams if possible

On 12/10/2016 at 1:58 PM, chasmmi said:

14th - Finding Nemo

334pts - 22 votes, 1 FIRST, 3 top 5, 2 top 10 (2014: 10th: Down 4)

Hey, a super generic Road trip film almost made the top 10!

Yeah, as much as I love Pixar films (there are only 2.5 I do not like and they all involve animals trying to find their way home via wacky adventure - Nemo, Good Dinosaur and Dory to a lesser extent.), this film does nothing for me. The story has been done 100 times before but this time there's a sidekick in Dory that you just want to murder every time she fucking opens her mouth.

Maybe the first 5 minutes are a bit said, but after that the film just descends into nothing and I am glad that it fell from 2 years ago. This is just one of those films where my opinion and the opinion of the masses is always going to differ and we just need to celebrate the wonder of subjectivity :) 

Eww, Finding Dory outranking Zootopia is disgraceful. of course I guess I still need to watch Finding Dory.. 

57 minutes ago, Kalo said:

Eww, Finding Dory outranking Zootopia is disgraceful. of course I guess I still need to watch Finding Dory.. 

What? That was Finding Nemo. Did you misread?

Edited by Jason

2 hours ago, Jason said:

What? That was Finding Nemo. Did you misread?

Oh, well still gross, I'm dealing so major sinus issues, I wish this head cold would just leave.

Edited by Kalo
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kalo said:

Oh, well still gross, I'm dealing so major sinus issues, with this head cold would just leave.

Sympathy like. Also, can't argue with Zootopia over Nemo/Dory personally. Although I'm pretty satisfied with Zootopia landing where it did, wouldn't have expected it to beat Nemo.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Sympathy like. Also, can't argue with Zootopia over Nemo/Dory personally. Although I'm pretty satisfied with Zootopia landing where it did, wouldn't have expected it to beat Nemo.

Thank-you, and Yeah I have a uncommon indifference to Finding Nemo, I've always found it to be a quite boring movie.

• Like 2

I don't hate Finding Nemo, but I always thought it was the most overrated Pixar movie. It's just alright. I still like it.

I think the only movie I don't like in the top 20 is

Spoiler

Princess Mononoke 

Grave of the Fireflies deserves its place. So much better.

12th - How To Train Your Dragon

345pts - 24 votes, 3 top 5, 5 top 10 (2014: 12th: No Change)

Another animation I mistakenly dismissed without watching for far too long.

God Dreamworks had some stupid names for their films: Kung Fu Panda, How to Train your Dragon. They sound like nothing films aimed at tiny kids and nobody else to me. Then I saw them both and they were both excellent with a thousand times more depth than I expected.

Granted I put Panda over Dragon, but I always accepted I was in the minority and Dragon still put out two great films so far. It's good to see Dreamworks get some representation in the top 12 as although they have produced some questionable features, they have also made some damn fantastic animated films. 

The third film I think to not change in position since last time out. How many more will achieve this feat?

• Like 11

11th - Toy Story 2

373pts - 23 votes, 5 top 5, 3 top 10 (2014: 8th: Down 3)

Goddammit! Yet again the best Toy Story film places bottom of the franchise.

It's pretty impressive to have 3 films in a trilogy and have the 'worst' one place 11th all time isn't it? It's a sign that this is a pretty awesome franchise and there are good arguments to make that any of the three is the best of the franchise. For me, this is that film.

I find this to be the funniest of the trilogy, the most consistently emotional throughout the film and just the strongest overall story of the three. It's a shame that it lost out to the other two in my eyes and that it dropped 3 places. Still, 11th isn't exactly bad.   

• Like 12