TalismanRing

WEEKEND ESTIMATES: GOTT: 24.66 | BOAN 7.1 | PERE 15 | DEEP 11.75 | MID SCHOOL 6.9

12 minutes ago, I Might Not Be A Curse said:

I SWEAR TO FUCKING GOD IF IT FAILS TO HIT 30M...THATS THE ONLY THRESHOLD I WANTED IT TO PASS

THIS WAS MY FIRST MAJOR STAN SINCE THE BFG AND IT ONCE AGAIN FLOPS.  FUCK YOU AUDIENCE.  HOW COULD THE AUDIENCE BE SO HEARTLESS.

STAN FOR THE NEXT DC MOVIE:rofl:

Just now, No Prisoners said:

STAN FOR THE NEXT DC MOVIE:rofl:

I stanned for Suicide Squad.  Didn't work out.  Stanning for Wonder Woman too!

So the two films that were exceptions were Sausage and Suicide.  I have the code!  I have the curse on me unless the film stars a male ensemble cast with a few females and a title that begins with S.

• Like 1

The rest of this month looks like shit. Girl On The Train will make its $$$ back either way. Middle School has a small budget possibly and make $$. The Accountant could debut like Argo or Bridge Of Spies. But I think a north of $20 million debut is likely is for it. Kevin Hart: What Now? Will probably do $10 million OW at best. Jack Reacher, Madea, Ouija, Not Ashamed, and Jones's all bomb. Inferno is a hit overseas and falls short of $100 million in the U.S.

• Like 1

I'm not surprised Middle School is looking to do relatively decent business btw (although it could be helped by the fact some schools are out in parts of the south right now). It's the last family movie until Trolls and it's based on a bestselling children's book (like the Diary of a Wimpy Kid movies).

A Lionsgate movie doing well though would be the death of @CJohn though. ;)

Just now, filmlover said:

A Lionsgate movie doing well though would be the death of @CJohn though. ;)

7-9M is not doing well. Anything over 10M would be a solid performance and it ain't doing that.

4 hours ago, filmlover said:

I doubt it. Gone Girl was a legit excellent book. The Girl on the Train was the definition of an enjoyably trashy summer beach read.

I dunna. A great director could probably take the book, turn on it's head, and make something entertaining out of it.

4 hours ago, Alli said:

Doesn't matter how good literature the book is. TGOTT was well liked by millions of readers too. Even more than Gone Girl. Movies based on trashy novels  can be very successful. See Sleeping with the Enemy.

Sleeping With The Enemy was made in a different time, when more straight thrillers could make millions, movies could still have 6X multiples on a regular bases, and box office draws really still mattered.

• Like 3