TalismanRing

WEEKEND ESTIMATES: GOTT: 24.66 | BOAN 7.1 | PERE 15 | DEEP 11.75 | MID SCHOOL 6.9

2 hours ago, Baumer liked Blair Witch said:

Pretty sure theres nothing to back up the 10pm claim.

You are correct and Gone Girl started at 8pm on Thursday evening, so theaters were able to get in 2 rounds.

I would say the trend right now is high 20's to low 30's for The Girl on the Train.  

• Like 4

Actually, I get where the conflicting info on Gone Girl is coming from.  The shows were originally approved by the studio at 10pm and then at the last minute they allowed 8pm shows.  Some theaters were able to add them and some weren't.  

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

Actually, I get where the conflicting info on Gone Girl is coming from.  The shows were originally approved by the studio at 10pm and then at the last minute they allowed 8pm shows.  Some theaters were able to add them and some weren't.  

In all likelihood, wouldn't this mean fairly low turnout for those 8pm shows? (taken as a lump total)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Frozen said:

So no preview numbers for Nation or Middle School?

Nation had some, three hundred something thousand. 

Deadline is estimating it at a $3M Friday with a $7.5 to $9.5M three day.  http://deadline.com/2016/10/the-girl-on-the-train-birth-of-a-nation-weekend-box-office-1201832560/

Edited by trifle

http://deadline.com/2016/10/the-girl-on-the-train-birth-of-a-nation-weekend-box-office-1201832560/

Deadline has been off so much they have decide to give wide ranges this week

The Girl On The Train’ Punching $24.5M-$26.5M In Weekend Tickets; ‘Birth Of A Nation’ Counts $7.5M-$9.5M – Noon Update

2ND UPDATE, Friday Noon: Despite grossing a notable $1.23M last night, DreamWorks The Girl on the Train from Universal isn’t expected to post Gone Girl opening numbers. That 2014 20th Century Fox release which was also based on a hot-selling piece of chick lit grossed $1.25M on its preview night before turning in $13.1M for Friday and $37.5M for the weekend, but Girl on the Train is now looking at $9M-$10M today for a 3-day that’s in the $24.5M-$26.5M range

CBS/Lionsgate/Patricipant’s Middle School: The Worst Years of My Life is looking at $2M-$3M today and $7M-$9M.

Fox Searchlight’s Birth of a Nation with a $3M Friday and $7.5M-$9.5M 

Edited by No Prisoners
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Nutella of Arabia said:

In all likelihood, wouldn't this mean fairly low turnout for those 8pm shows? (taken as a lump total)

Somewhat.  From what I can see a lot of theaters were still able to add shows.  

I think you can say with 2 years of inflation and the better reviews and WOM that The Girl on the Train has a good shot at $30m but likely won't hit as much as Gone Girl.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, No Prisoners said:

http://deadline.com/2016/10/the-girl-on-the-train-birth-of-a-nation-weekend-box-office-1201832560/

The Girl On The Train’ Punching $24.5M-$26.5M In Weekend Tickets; ‘Birth Of A Nation’ Counts $7.5M-$9.5M – Noon Update

2ND UPDATE, Friday Noon: Despite grossing a notable $1.23M last night, DreamWorks The Girl on the Train from Universal isn’t expected to post Gone Girl opening numbers. That 2014 20th Century Fox release which was also based on a hot-selling piece of chick lit grossed $1.25M on its preview night before turning in $13.1M for Friday and $37.5M for the weekend, but Girl on the Train is now looking at $9M-$10M today for a 3-day that’s in the $24.5M-$26.5M range

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

2 minutes ago, I Might Not Be A Curse said:

I SWEAR TO FUCKING GOD IF IT FAILS TO HIT 30M...THATS THE ONLY THRESHOLD I WANTED IT TO PASS

THIS WAS MY FIRST MAJOR STAN SINCE THE BFG AND IT ONCE AGAIN FLOPS.  FUCK YOU AUDIENCE.  HOW COULD THE AUDIENCE BE SO HEARTLESS.

the budget was only $40M. I don't think it will be a flop at any of the realistically projected numbers.

Edited by trifle
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, I Might Not Be A Curse said:

RULES DONT APPLY SPECIFICALLY TO PISS YOU OFF SINCE HALEY BENNET JAJAJAJAJJAJAJAJAJA

YOU TAKE YOUR STANNING THE FUCK AWAY FROM MY GODDESS.

Just now, trifle said:

the budget was only $40M. I don't think it will be a flop at any of the realistically projected numbers.

Nation had some, three hundred something thousand. 

FLOP = DISAPPOINTMENT/UNDERPERFORMANCE FOR ME.

I WILL NOT STOP TALKING IN CAPS UNTIL ThIs CuRsE hAs BrOkEn AwAy FrOm Me.

• Like 1

FLOP = DISAPPOINTMENT/UNDERPERFORMANCE FOR ME.

I WILL NOT STOP TALKING IN CAPS UNTIL ThIs CuRsE hAs BrOkEn AwAy FrOm Me.

What are you stanning for next? If it is another October movie you better get used to have the Caps Lock always on.

I SWEAR TO FUCKING GOD IF IT FAILS TO HIT 30M...THATS THE ONLY THRESHOLD I WANTED IT TO PASS

THIS WAS MY FIRST MAJOR STAN SINCE THE BFG AND IT ONCE AGAIN FLOPS.  FUCK YOU AUDIENCE.  HOW COULD THE AUDIENCE BE SO HEARTLESS.

Image result for you shall not pass gif

• Like 4