TalismanRing

WEEKEND ESTIMATES: GOTT: 24.66 | BOAN 7.1 | PERE 15 | DEEP 11.75 | MID SCHOOL 6.9

Other than maybe Jack Reacher 2-not sure if I want to see anything this month. (Saw 4 September films-Sully, Mag 7, Miss P and Deepwater-probably the most I've seen for films from that month in a while)

On another note-not sure if I've seen anything for anything this month other then JR2 (several trailers), Inferno (saw a trailer) and Middle School (saw a TV spot-I didn't even know what it was until I saw that TV spot a couple weeks ago, I was going "what the heck is this? A made for TV Wimpy Kid rip off?") (edit: And the Accountant-forgot about that!)

Was looking around at what people said were the worse of the year-here were some popular choices I saw (I was bored):
The Witch (mostly from horror fans saying not scary or disturbing)
Hardcore Henry

Popstar (I completely forgot this film existed until I was reading about it)

The Boy (Another film I forgot about)

Didn't see any 50 Shades of Black or Dirty Grandpa-to be fair not sure how many people saw those 2.

Someone mentioned as one of theres some indie horror film I never even heard of.

5 minutes ago, Impact said:

Was looking around at what people said were the worse of the year-here were some popular choices I saw (I was bored):
The Witch (mostly from horror fans saying not scary or disturbing)
Hardcore Henry

Popstar (I completely forgot this film existed until I was reading about it)

The Boy (Another film I forgot about)

Didn't see any 50 Shades of Black or Dirty Grandpa-to be fair not sure how many people saw those 2.

Someone mentioned as one of theres some indie horror film I never even heard of.

One of these shouldn't belong with the others

Spoiler

giphy.gif

Edited by Rman823
  • Like 3

Poor Emily Blunt. She gives it her all in GIRL ON THE TRAIN. She brings her A game and then some. Too bad the movie fails her only brings its C game. It's not so much bad as it is mediocre. The book isn't great but it's fun, pulpy trash with a strong lead character. The movie couldn't even deliver that. But I don't think the response from the GA will be bad. 

On the flip side I saw Paul Verhoeven's ELLE and really enjoyed that. 

• Like 1

The films I've seen people say are the best on the other hand are:

Hell on High Water

Jungle Book

Secret Life of Pets (mostly parents for this one)

Sully

Captain America 3

A few other films as well

Well I did see Deepwater yesterday-the theater was not that crowded (to be fair it was 3PM on a Thursday afternoon and the weather wasn't that great either), the film was really good and intense though. (Might freak out anyone scared to go to the ocean, that is for sure!)

Well everyone makes mistakes. (Then some are box office poison-I was thinking how Gwyneth Paltrow hasn't had a hit that isn't a Marvel film in who knows how long, then there is always Nicole Kidman)

7 minutes ago, Impact said:

Well everyone makes mistakes. (Then some are box office poison-I was thinking how Gwyneth Paltrow hasn't had a hit that isn't a Marvel film in who knows how long, then there is always Nicole Kidman)

Gwyneth Paltrow had success in the films she dies in. Nicole Kidman had success with The Others, but nothing else really(even attached to her ex-husband Tom Cruise) she can't release a film Eyes Wide Shut bombed in the states because it didn't click audiences and people were like "what the hell?" It want because of the JFK Jr. Incident that had people away it was the film itself.

5 minutes ago, Maxmoser3 said:

Gwyneth Paltrow had success in the films she dies in. Nicole Kidman had success with The Others, but nothing else really(even attached to her ex-husband Tom Cruise) she can't release a film Eyes Wide Shut bombed in the states because it didn't click audiences and people were like "what the hell?" It want because of the JFK Jr. Incident that had people away it was the film itself.

She hasn't had a hit since *checks* Shallow Hal. Wait she DIES in that? ;) (Okay Royal Tenembaums was profitable, but Shallow Hal was the only film this century not with RDJ that made over 70 million, but barley!)

Edit: Oh forgot about Contagion, well it was listed below Avengers and I was skimming through and didn't catch that.