TalismanRing

WEEKEND ESTIMATES: GOTT: 24.66 | BOAN 7.1 | PERE 15 | DEEP 11.75 | MID SCHOOL 6.9

Just now, CJohn said:

7-9M is not doing well. Anything over 10M would be a solid performance and it ain't doing that.

It cost nothing to make and will probably have very good legs. It's doing well.

BTW I just saw that the book was written by James Patterson (of the Alex Cross series fame). Wut lol. That would explain why the reviews are decent for the kind of movie it is.

9 minutes ago, I Might Not Be A Curse said:

I stanned for Suicide Squad.  Didn't work out.  Stanning for Wonder Woman too!

So the two films that were exceptions were Sausage and Suicide.  I have the code!  I have the curse on me unless the film stars a male ensemble cast with a few females and a title that begins with S.

Sausage and Suicide. 

Sounds like an Italian opera

• Like 2

4 hours ago, filmlover said:

The Accountant's marketing campaign has been similarly on the muted side like The Judge's was despite the starpower. I'm also getting the feeling the reviews will be on the mediocre side too.

Apparently from the few sources I've read, the film is apparently a bit bad, but Affleck is actually really good in the lead role.

22 minutes ago, filmlover said:

It cost nothing to make and will probably have very good legs. It's doing well.

BTW I just saw that the book was written by James Patterson (of the Alex Cross series fame). Wut lol. That would explain why the reviews are decent for the kind of movie it is.

I'm surprised more Patterson novels aren't adapted into films.

5 hours ago, Alli said:

Doesn't matter how good literature the book is. TGOTT was well liked by millions of readers too. Even more than Gone Girl. Movies based on trashy novels  can be very successful. See Sleeping with the Enemy.

How was Sleeping With the Enemy trashy? It was a legit thriller. Plus it starred Julia Roberts.

• Like 1

Girl on the Train coming in a bit weaker than anticipated, probably because of reviews. It'll likely struggle to cross 100m but it's till a modest hit for Universal and Blunt.

They shouldn't stop making films like this because there is an audience for them. 

Birth of a Nation is doing ok all things considered, it won't be another 12 YAS but atleast it isn't a total write-off for Searchlight.