Jonwo

Wonka | December 15, 2023 | TIMOTHEE IS WILLY WONKA FAM | 6th Most Profitable Movie of 2023

4 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Movies coexist in December all the time. They’re clearly targeting different audiences. 

But why take the chance when you don't need to?

I would bet that Wonka will change Dates.

One possibity:It moves to November and Dune moves to 2024.

3 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

The Color Purple musical is also releasing in December. They're definitely shifting more dates around lol. Could see Dune moving to 2024 and this taking Dune's date.

I think lots more changes to the dates are coming, Warners just wants to space them out to avoid spooking investors.

14 hours ago, dudalb said:

But why take the chance when you don't need to?

I would bet that Wonka will change Dates.

One possibity:It moves to November and Dune moves to 2024.

Maybe Wonka takes Blue Beetle's date and that one moves to 2024, considering DC currently has 4 movies scheduled for next year.

Based on set photos, this appears to be so tailor-made for the holidays with its wintery setting that it's surprising that it was supposed to be released in the spring at one point. Honestly this, The Color Purple, and Aquaman could probably coexist since the audience overlap is unlikely to be too severe between them but I doubt one studio will release three big productions in such a short time span so we'll see.

On 8/25/2022 at 9:54 AM, filmlover said:

Based on set photos, this appears to be so tailor-made for the holidays with its wintery setting that it's surprising that it was supposed to be released in the spring at one point. Honestly this, The Color Purple, and Aquaman could probably coexist since the audience overlap is unlikely to be too severe between them but I doubt one studio will release three big productions in such a short time span so we'll see.

I'll be surprised if this doesn't get delayed though.

On 10/10/2022 at 6:59 PM, filmnerdjamie said:

My guess is Dune Part II goes to October. Wonka in November and Aquaman 2 and The Color Purple stay put in December.

Otherwise Wonka moves to Christmas. 2024.

Well dune part 2 did move but it’s still in November. If The Color Purple has awards aspirations then maybe Wonka is the one that gets pushed to 2024, it was originally a spring release anyways. 

My guess is this and Aquaman will stay put but The Color Purple will platform in December before going wide in January 2024 to build buzz. Don't see any of them moving to 2024 since all of these movies are already well into post-production (Wonka and Aquaman were shot last year) and they won't want to sit on a finished movie for that long.

• Like 1