kayumanggi

SNOW WHITE | 03.21.2025 | Disney

Moderation

Alright, it's clear this whole conversation over Rachel Zegler has been going around in circles. It's been pages of this crap, nobody's listening to each other, nothing's being gained from these conversations. I think it's time to end things here. Until we get new information, let's move on to something else.

• Like 3

Just did a search for Snow White on twitter and there are several tweets with the same D23 clip from last year and they all have 50-100k likes. Yikes. 

There’s a lot of racism on display too. This is messy and very unfortunate. Not sure the film can overcome the ridicule/anger/trolling etc. 

On 8/21/2023 at 3:51 PM, Krissykins said:

Just did a search for Snow White on twitter and there are several tweets with the same D23 clip from last year and they all have 50-100k likes. Yikes. 

There’s a lot of racism on display too. This is messy and very unfortunate. Not sure the film can overcome the ridicule/anger/trolling etc. 

And that everything is going to be politicised in 2024 in the US will not help matters with this film getting a lot of hate.

The bigots are on the march,led by their glorious leader, whose mugshot we have all seen.

Edited by dudalb

It's always been a coin flip in terms of quality whenever a new live action remake comes. But the "They're all awful" narrative is an exaggeration.

Good

Maleficent (first one)

Cinderella

Pete's Dragon

The Jungle Book

Aladdin

Cruella

Peter Pan & Wendy

The Little Mermaid

Crap

Alice films

Maleficent 2

Beauty and the Beast

The Lion King

Pinocchio

Haven't Seen 

Dumbo

Lady & the Tramp

23 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

It's always been a coin flip in terms of quality whenever a new live action remake comes. But the "They're all awful" narrative is an exaggeration.

Good

Maleficent (first one)

Cinderella

Pete's Dragon

The Jungle Book

Aladdin

Cruella

Peter Pan & Wendy

The Little Mermaid

Crap

Alice films

Maleficent 2

Beauty and the Beast

The Lion King

Pinocchio

Haven't Seen 

Dumbo

Lady & the Tramp

Good

The Jungle book

Aladdin

Beauty and the Beast

Maleficent 2

The Little Mermaid

Cruella

Bad

The Lion king

Maleficent

Dumbo

Alice films

Haven't Seen

the rest

1 hour ago, Willowra said:

Good

The Jungle book

Aladdin

Beauty and the Beast

Maleficent 2

The Little Mermaid

Cruella

Bad

The Lion king

Maleficent

Dumbo

Alice films

Haven't Seen

the rest

Good

Aladdin

Beauty and the Beast

Cinderella

Maleficent

Maleficent 2

The Little Mermaid

Cruella

Bad

Mulan

Haven't Seen

the rest

I still plan on watching the jungle book remake and maybe the Lion King for fun ^^

The Branagh Cinderella frustrates me because it should be my absolute jam. Love the Disney film to pieces, Cinderella's my favorite fairy tale story, it has Cate Blanchett, Sandy Powell did the costumes, I adore romance stories. And there's so much to love in the way they reinvent the story and expand key roles, as well as just the production values.

But I also really hate the characterization of Cinderella and how they made her this bland, passive figure that feels like a total step back from both the Disney film and just a lot of modern interpretations in general. Why a film from 1950 has a more active female protagonist with more personality than a 2015 release is utterly baffling to me and it's a waste of Lily James' charms and talents.

16 hours ago, Youngstar said:

Good

Aladdin

Beauty and the Beast

Cinderella

Maleficent

Maleficent 2

The Little Mermaid

Cruella

Bad

Mulan

Haven't Seen

the rest

I still plan on watching the jungle book remake and maybe the Lion King for fun ^^

Dayum my mind blocked out the Mulan remake. Good for me. 😛

The only good ones are probably Pete’s Dragon, Cinderella and Jungle Book. Aladdin 19 is a solid 3/5. The rest is a sea of mediocre too bad with Lion King 19 and Pinocchio 22 being the worst offenders. Will watch Peter Pan and Wendy (because Lowery) or The Little Mermaid (because Halle) eventually but I don’t really care about these remakes.