kayumanggi

SNOW WHITE | 03.21.2025 | Disney

Just now, AJG said:

Maybe they learn their mistake from Dumbo and keep the budget around $100m

no. $255m just like The Amazing Spider-Man 2. Put Phillip Phillips music on the soundrack too, lets go FULL WEBB on this.

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

The character was 14 in the animated movie. Grace is 12.

I...didn't know that. Kind of makes her being a mother figure to the dwarves a bit more messed up.

But even still, I think they'll cast older. Kristen Stewart was 22 when Snow White and the Huntsman came out, and Amanda Seyfried was 25 when she did Red Riding Hood (lol remember that hot mess?), and the character in the original story was like 8.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TMP said:

Sam Raimi did Disney's™ Oz, Marc Webb is doing Snow White, how long before Jon Watts gets picked for Peter Pan?

David Lowery was supposed to do Peter Pan, but he's been putting it off in favor of A24 projects and other stuff like Old Man and the Gun.

• Like 1

Just now, CoolEric258 said:

David Lowery was supposed to do Peter Pan, but he's been putting it off in favor of A24 projects and other stuff like Old Man and the Gun.

Good man. Ghost Story was incredible, super on-the-nose party scene and all.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

-all the dwarves get love interests of a group of seven girl dwarves

actually i should revise this. one gay dwarf. probably dopey. although never expressed onscreen he'll give the prince like a "hubba hubba" look and marc webb will tell us in an interview that dopey's gay.

• Like 5

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

actually i should revise this. one gay dwarf. probably dopey. although never expressed onscreen he'll give the prince like a "hubba hubba" look and marc webb will tell us in an interview that dopey's gay.

Disney's first Dopenly Gay character!

• Astonished 1
  • Knock It Off 1

33 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

-snow white needs to be more girl powery so she's like an environmental activist now or something

That's gonna be annoying to see. I'm not like some other people here and appreciate the attempts, but there is value in being kind, helpful, and needing some help. 

If the movie ends with a tense standoff that involves Snow White playing naive and baking the poison apple in a pie for the Evil Queen, that's really the only espionage I'll accept here. 

Come to think of it, the fact that they're not adapting Rose Red instead is a missed opportunity. Something similar enough that most people haven't heard of with a character who is more Disney's brand of palatable mass market feminism. 

Edited by Morieris
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Morieris said:

Come to think of it, the fact that they're not adapting Rose Red instead is a missed opportunity. Something similar enough that most people haven't heard of with a character who is more Disney's brand of palatable mass market feminism. 

I thought they'd try to do it in animation first. But maybe it's too simple for animation now. They already made Nutcracker live action even though it probably would be more interesting as a more straight story in animation, 

3 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

Wonder if they'll cast actual dwarves or if they're just gonna shrink Josh Gad and James Corden down.

Peter Dinklage is totally going to be Grumpy. Tony Cox can be Doc I guess

Edited by CoolEric258