That One Girl

Weekend Thread | Saturday Asgrard pg 28 or 29 DS 32 Trolls 19 HR 5.8

1). Doctor Strange  (SONY), 3,882 theaters / $32M-$33M Fri. (includes $9.4M previews)/3-day cume: $82M /Wk 1

2). Trolls  (DWA/20th Century Fox), 4.060 theaters / $12.2M Fri. (includes $900K previews)/3-day cume: $42.4M /Wk 1

3). Hacksaw Ridge  (Lionsgate), 2,886 theaters / $5.1M Fri. (includes $750K previews)/3-day cume: $14.7M /Wk 1

4). Tyler Perry’s Boo! A Madea Halloween  (LG), 2,234 theaters (-65) / $2.1M Fri. (-54%)/3-day cume: $7.4M (-57%)/Total B.O.: $64.6M/ Wk 3

5). Inferno  (SONY), 3,576 theaters / $1.9M (-65%)/3-day cume: $6.8M (-54%)/Total cume: $26.6M/Wk 2

6). The Accountant (WB), 2,688 theaters (-714) / $1.7M Fri. (-31%)/3-day cume: $5.8M (-32%)/Total: $70.7M/ Wk 4

7). Jack Reacher: Never Go Back  (PAR), 3,079 theaters (-701) / $1.6M Fri. (-46%) /3-day cume: $5.2M (-46%)/Total B.O.: $48.9M/Wk 3

8). Ouija: Origin of Evil  (UNI), 2,380 theaters (-788)/ $1.1M Fri. (-50%) /3-day cume: $3.5M (-51%)/Total:$30.9M/Wk 3

9). The Girl on the Train  (UNI/DW), 1,572theaters  (-1,186) / $802K Fri. (-42%)/ 3-day cume: $2.6M (-41%)/Total: $70.6M/ Wk 5

10). Miss Peregrine’s Home For Peculiar Children  (FOX), 1,710 theaters (-1,087) / $509K Fri. (-51%)  3-day cume: $2M (-50%)/Total: $83.3M/Wk 6

11.) Moonlight  (A24), 83 theaters (+47) / $327K Fri. (+17%)/PTA: $11,9k / 3-day cume: $984k (+16%)/Total: $2.7M/ Wk 3

• Like 9

3 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

HenPeople who spoil new releases in their OW threads need month long bans from this site.

People who spoil Han Solo's death to movie theatre employees named DAJK deserve lifetime bans from all movie theatres.

Why would you write spoilers all over the bathroom.

jk I know it was you bkb

Including 6.6M previews Thursday, Strange did $22.2M at my theatre tonight. That's a very solid number, given the recent superhero fatigue we've seen; really, only Deadpool over performed this year.

Trolls proved that the family market was absolutely starved. $14.5M tonight (no previews). Hacksaw Ridge was also solid with $7.1M (we actually had people come out of the first movie and try to convince people in line to buy tickets for it instead of Strange).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

I just checked my theater and it appears ticket prices have fallen a bit (matinees are now $8 when they used to be $8.25 and regular shows are now $10.50 when they used to be $11.50). This happening for anyone else?

Seeing both Doctor Strange and Hacksaw Ridge tomorrow btw. So excited.

Watching both sounds like quite a treat. 

Good idea.

Per screen averages with Deadline estimates (33M Dr Strange)

minus Thursday previews...

Doctor Strange - $6079

Trolls - $2783

Hacksaw Ridge - $1507

Madea Halloween - $940

Inferno - $531

Accountant - $632

Jack Reacher - $520

Ouija - $462

Girl on a Train - $510

Miss Peregrine - $298

My opinions

normal increases for Inferno, Jack Reacher, and Miss Peregrine.  Above average and solid for Accountant.  Way above average and out of this world for Girl on a Train.  Above average increase for Ouija.  The only low one to complain about is A Madea Halloween.  If everything else rebounded that well from weekday #'s, then expect Madea to go up past $1,000 PSA.  Very good for Ouija.  It looks like the female demographic held onto Ouiji and Girl on a Train.  Assuming Trolls had a large female audience, Miss Peregrine still survived this and will now hold until Fantastic Beasts.  90M in play.  Male audience solid all around.  It is just Madea Halloween that is a little confusing. 

3 hours ago, DAJK said:

Including 6.6M previews Thursday, Strange did $22.2M at my theatre tonight. That's a very solid number, given the recent superhero fatigue we've seen;really, only Deadpool over performed this year.

Trolls proved that the family market was absolutely starved. $14.5M tonight (no previews). Hacksaw Ridge was also solid with $7.1M (we actually had people come out of the first movie and try to convince people in line to buy tickets for it instead of Strange).

Lol wut?

Not sure if srs.

Are you forgetting Suicide Squad? It also over performed. Deadpool isn't the only one.

Also Cap 3 did well. The only thing that held BvS back was it's toxic WoM. It would have easily hit a billion if it was well received.

Edited by AStarWarsFan
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, AStarWarsFan said:

Lol wut?

Not sure if srs.

Are you forgetting Suicide Squad? It also over performed. Deadpool isn't the only one.

Also Cap 3 did well. The only thing that held BvS back was it's toxic WoM. It would have easily hit a billion of it was well received.

He's extrapolating and comparing his theatre to total Domestic. 

23 minutes ago, AStarWarsFan said:

Lol wut?

Not sure if srs.

Also Cap 3 did well. The only thing that held BvS back was it's toxic WoM. It would have easily hit a billion if it was well received.

There is definitely no superhero fatigue :P I remember people talking about superhero fatigue back in 2013, they're still wrong 3 years after :) 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DAJK said:

Hacksaw Ridge was also solid with $7.1M (we actually had people come out of the first movie and try to convince people in line to buy tickets for it instead of Strange).

WOM is spreading! I bloody hope so, coz it needs some amazing one if it wants to cross $100m. Damn, i was counting on it doing at least $20m OW. :(

2 hours ago, Elessar said:

WOM is spreading! I bloody hope so, coz it needs some amazing one if it wants to cross $100m. Damn, i was counting on it doing at least $20m OW. :(

$20M was virtually impossible with the theater and screen count (it's on 1 screen everywhere and not in any of the biggest auditoriums, which go to the other two new releases, with a running time that limited it to 4 shows a day at most places). It's doing very well actually.

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

$20M was virtually impossible with the theater and screen count (it's on 1 screen everywhere and not in any of the biggest auditoriums, which go to the other two new releases, with a running time that limited it to 4 shows a day at most places). It's doing very well actually.

I'm curious if Arrival will get the biggest auditoriums next weekend.