That One Girl

Weekend Thread | Saturday Asgrard pg 28 or 29 DS 32 Trolls 19 HR 5.8

14 minutes ago, Gavin Feng said:

Seems I’m the only guy who think that Spider-Man 2 is the best comic book film.:o

Not alone at all. Spiderman 2 is up there for me too

• Like 4

To be fair, the First Class trilogy is actually closer to TDK and Cap than I foresaw at 1st. FC is really good, and DOFP is an all-timer. Apocalypse is what totally brought it down, and even still, it's not bad as much as it's just aggressively meh. But yeah, compared to the other trilogy weak links, Cap 1 and even TDKR are better. It's still the best X-Men trilogy though, as FC > original, DOFP > X2, and Apoc > X3.

But yeah. Just you wait until 2020 when we have GOTG as the real best superhero trilogy ever :ph34r:

And as far as Spider-Man 2 is concerned, I still LOVE it. It's definitely one of my favorites. The all-time best? Maybe in 2004, but maybe not since The Incredibles happened later that year anyway. But I adore it myself, a childhood favorite of mine.

Edited by MCKillswitch123

I'm in the minority, but I loved The Amazing Spider Man 1 and really liked The Amazing Spider Man 2.

Regarding the first Spidey movies, I only liked the second one. The first one didn't age well, the third one was a mess ( after what they did to Venom, there was no coming back to that ). 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

FC is fine

DOFP is great

Apocalypse is decent

Let me give you my mirror opinion since people over here think that trilogy is better:

First Avenger is meh

Winter Soldier is great

Civil War is fun

FC is good

DOFP is great

Apocalypse is great

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

I'm in the minority, but I loved The Amazing Spider Man 1 and really liked The Amazing Spider Man 2.

Regarding the first Spidey movies, I only liked the second one. The first one didn't age well, the third one was a mess ( after what they did to Venom, there was no coming back to that ). 

All five Spider-Man movies ranged from good to great. Spider-Man 2 was indeed the best.

• Like 1

DOFP really works for me until the ending. The sensational editing back and forth between the future and past was terrific. But than the tone changed from being a professor Xavier redemption story to a Mystique redemption. Really came out of NOWHERE.  Completely ruined the last 5 minutes for me. Otherwise, it's the best X men film we've ever gotten. Too bad Apocalypse shitted all over the continuity again by completely undoing the timeline. Grrrrr. 

Hacksaw was pretty good. The ending was a bit over-dramatic, though. More Mel Gibson movies please.

Dr. Strange was almost as disappointing as Suicide Squad for me. I understand why they chose to emphasize a small portion of his origin, but the movie ended up rehashing too many elements from Iron-Man 2008. There has been criticism of Marvel movies having a formula, which I have not embraced, but Dr. Strange was supposed to be ground-breaking. Having a repeat plot/character, especially those elements from the first MCU movie, hardly pushes any boundaries.The visuals, even though stunning, could hardly be called innovative. Inception was in 2010. I thought we would see something MORE akin to Salvador-Dali paintings come to life. On more than one occasion, I was having Green Lantern 2011 flashbacks, which is a bad thing. Iron-Man > Winter Soldiery >>>>Ant-Man, IM 2, IM3 > Dr. Strange, imo.

Also disappointed with...

Spoiler

the Edge-of-Tomorrow (2014) moment. Not innovative at all and it continued the problem of Marvel villains being very lame.  Btw, I did respect the use of Strange Tales 115 and thus an homage to Lee/Ditko, but really didn't like the emphasize on that part of Strange's character because they've already done this before.

On the topic of mutant comic-book movies, X-Men First Class was the best X-Men movie, and superior to many Marvel Studio and DC movies, including Guardians of the Galaxy and Batman Begins, in my opinion.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TalismanRing said:

The problem is they keep doing the same theme over and over again when the comics are far more diverse.   Humanity is supposedly the bad guy but it's really Magneto and his Genocidal tendencies that Charles like to slap him on the wrist for.  Rinse & Repeat with a big Time Travel Do Over in the middle. 

The group and their powers are actually perfect for spectacle but it's rarely tapped into an the attempts at doing it with X-3 and APOC were messy, wanting to go big but not really knowing how to do it.  Though they have a large diverse interesting set of charterers to play with they've highlighted a mere handful and used most as cannon fodder or background.  In 16 years the series hasn't given us a new breakout character and haven't even done justice to characters like Storm, Cyclops or Angel though they've been used several times.

That might be one of the reasons Deadpool hit so hard. 

Spot on

• Like 1

Some nostalgic will want to kill me after that but I loved the TASM movies more than the 3 Spidey movies from Raimy. I liked the TASM Spidey more when it comes to humor, behavior, and Gwen Stacy had more appeal than Mary-Jane.

Now I need a bulletproof vest :ph34r:

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

Let me give you my mirror opinion since people over here think that trilogy is better:

First Avenger is meh

Winter Soldier is great

Civil War is fun

FC is good

DOFP is great

Apocalypse is great

First Class = 8.5

Days of Future Past = 9

Apocalypse = 7

X-men score = 24.5

First Avenger = 7.5

Winter Soldier = 9

Civil War = 9

Cap score = 25.5

The gap is even wider if you use RottenTomato ratings to tally up the final scores. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

First Class = 8.5

Days of Future Past = 9

Apocalypse = 7

X-men score = 24.5

First Avenger = 7.5

Winter Soldier = 9

Civil War = 9

Cap score = 25.5

The gap is even wider if you use RottenTomato ratings to tally up the final scores. 

For me 

First Avengers: 5

Winter Sokdier: 8/9

Civil War: 8 +

First class: 8

Daysvof future past : 9

X-men apocalypse: 5

So ranking and grades:lol:

Captain America - 5 (I think it might be the worst Marvel flick for me... haven't seen the Hulk ones)

Winter Soldier - 7.5

Civil War - 8.5

First Class - 7.5

Days of Future Past - 9

Apocalypse - 9.5

• Like 1

1 minute ago, James said:

So ranking and grades:lol:

Captain America - 5 (I think it might be the worst Marvel flick for me... haven't seen the Hulk ones)

Winter Soldier - 7.5

Civil War - 8.5

First Class - 7.5

Days of Future Past - 9

Apocalypse - 9.5

Trust me, Incredible Hulk was worse the CA1.

• Like 2