kayumanggi

BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY | Nov 2 2018 | Fox | Rami Malek | Queen biopic | Bryan Singer fired | Kindly avoid libeling anyone in this thread

On 9/7/2018 at 6:26 PM, dX airdry zid said:

since this is a box office forum, I hope this movie flops

I think I am permanently scarred against musicians now w/ the mindset of having a daughter or something...

Why would a Rockstar choose the things they do in order to be a role model and 'groom' horny young teenage girls in the audience?

werent u defeding the pedophile in predator yesterday? lmfao troll.

On 9/7/2018 at 12:26 PM, dX airdry zid said:

since this is a box office forum, I hope this movie flops

I think I am permanently scarred against musicians now w/ the mindset of having a daughter or something...

Why would a Rockstar choose the things they do in order to be a role model and 'groom' horny young teenage girls in the audience?

Most of the Rock and Roll kids are runaways i'm guessing that need a home away from home or a new parental figure?  AKA ...

it is like The NOTEBOOK, except the Rockerstar has the job and the person with no job is in virtual reality-land and *has no business grooming daughter.

😒 

Freddie Mercury running away with your young daughter wasn't an issue even he was alive. 

12 hours ago, dX airdry zid said:

useless musicians, ughh

queen is the greatest band there's ever been, so inventive with their music. you don't hear songs like they released anymore, instead we get untalented rappers spitting shit about weed and bitches

so a poster from Awards Watch Forums (Mr FilmCritic) saw the movie and posted this:

Can't say much, but Rami Malek is incredible in this.

And a redditor (plowkiller) praised the hell out of the movie. I don't know if he and the poster above are the same or different. 

So at least some buzz is coming out and it's very positive. of course, it's still 1 or 2 people's opinion. 

I don't know if we are allowed to post links to reddit so I won't tag but if you want the link you can PM me. It isn't spoilery though I can't guarantee for the comments section since I'm yet to read comments for more info. 

EDIT: plowkiller said this in comments:

People who also saw the screening posted their review on letterboxd and some are more harsh than mine.

Edited by Valonqar

Anecdotal of course, but whenever I talk to my parents about movies, the one thing they keep asking me is when Bohemian Rhapsody comes out. I've also seen a lot of excitement from my own circle of friends and a lot of the Facebook groups I'm a part of. Don't see Han's lofty predictions, but I feel like a 40M opening and a total similar to SOC seems about right.

The trailer definitely works in the sense it is manipulating my interests and hype because it’s Queen. Their music is the definition of hype. 

But the I remember who directed it and find the will to resist. 

• Like 1