kayumanggi

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE | 07.26.2024 | Disney | latest trailer on page 76

4 minutes ago, abracadabra1998 said:

What I struggle with (and has been discussed to death, so I won’t write something super long about it) is that if all of these actors are always coming back, like Jackman, RDJ, etc (even say Woody from Toy Story lmao), how are we supposed to be emotionally fulfilled with any kind of closure movies profess to give? Like why would I find joy in Tony Stark’s ending if it’s not really an ending? 

I know money talks, but it's been said that both the Russo Brothers and even Kevin Feige himself don't wanna bring back Downey as Iron Man. Like you pretty much said, they don't wanna mess up that ending and I completely agree. Endgame's ending still is perfect and I would hate to see it undone for the sake of a cheap cameo. Hopefully, Disney executives don't force that. 

Also, I just want to say this, Kevin Feige actually wasn't clamoring for Hugh Jackman to come back. He didn't think there was anyway for him to continue playing that character after Logan, so if you really wanna get mad about that not being his last Wolverine movie, blame Jackman. He's the one who insisted on coming back in late 2022 and he's the one who called Ryan Reynolds to be in Deadpool and Wolverine. 

I just wanna clear that up because it's a lot more than just Jackman accepted to play Wolverine again because money and literally nothing else. 

10 minutes ago, Ryan C said:

I know money talks, but it's been said that both the Russo Brothers and even Kevin Feige himself don't wanna bring back Downey as Iron Man. Like you pretty much said, they don't wanna mess up that ending and I completely agree. Endgame's ending still is perfect and I would hate to see it undone for the sake of a cheap cameo. Hopefully, Disney executives don't force that. 

Also, I just want to say this, Kevin Feige actually wasn't clamoring for Hugh Jackman to come back. He didn't think there was anyway for him to continue playing that character after Logan, so if you really wanna get mad about that not being his last Wolverine movie, blame Jackman. He's the one who insisted on coming back in late 2022 and he's the one who called Ryan Reynolds to be in Deadpool and Wolverine. 

I just wanna clear that up because it's a lot more than just Jackman accepted to play Wolverine again because money and literally nothing else. 

Yeah makes sense, I wasn’t necessarily blaming the Feige or the executives (though of course they have a ton of blame), more so reflecting on the state of (yes, memes aside) cinema nowadays 

51 minutes ago, abracadabra1998 said:

What I struggle with (and has been discussed to death, so I won’t write something super long about it) is that if all of these actors are always coming back, like Jackman, RDJ, etc (even say Woody from Toy Story lmao), how are we supposed to be emotionally fulfilled with any kind of closure movies profess to give? Like why would I find joy in Tony Stark’s ending if it’s not really an ending? 

It's all about money.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Ryan C said:

I know money talks, but it's been said that both the Russo Brothers and even Kevin Feige himself don't wanna bring back Downey as Iron Man.

You must be incredibly naive if you believe that’s true lol. RDJ is 100% coming back in at least one of the next two Avengers movies

Edited by lorddemaxus

8 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

You must be incredibly naive if you believe that’s true lol. RDJ is 100% coming back in at least one of the next two Avengers movies

Yes he is coming back , no one said he isn't,  but he won't be Iron Man ( as per literally most insiders)

2 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Of course I know their words can only say so much, but I genuinely want to believe that they won't bring him back. 

I'm more than aware of how naive I sound by saying that, but I don't really care. I trust Feige and the team at Marvel enough that they know that bringing back Downey isn't gonna solve their problems. 

1 minute ago, Ryan C said:

Of course I know their words can only say so much, but I genuinely want to believe that they won't bring him back. 

I'm more than aware of how naive I sound by saying that, but I don't really care. I trust Feige and the team at Marvel enough that they know that bringing back Downey isn't gonna solve their problems. 

Oh I have news for you then ,most likely Downey is back 

3 minutes ago, Ryan C said:

He'll be back

5 minutes ago, Madhuvan said:

Oh I have news for you then ,most likely Downey is back 

Ok, but as Iron Man or a completely different character? I heard about that rumor he'd be playing a completely different character, but as long as it's that and not him returning as Tony Stark, I'd be less upset. 

After this (if DP3 opens above $162M) the MCU is gonna own the top 4 post-pandemic opening weeknds, and 7 out of the last 8 MCU movies would have opened to $100M+

But that can't be true. . .Reddit told me that the MCU was dead!

And fwiw we can also look at post-pandemic opening days

1. No Way Home - $121.96M

2. Multiverse of Madness - $90.72M

3. Wakanda Forever - $84.29M

4. Barbie - $70.50M

5. Thor: Love and Thunder - $69.55M

See, 4/5 are MCU movies. . .clearly demonstrating how this franchise is dying and on a decline right?

Edited by HummingLemon496
  • Disbelief 1

This is the same franchise which managed to bring solo Doctor Strange movie with mixed reception to almost $200M OW, a Shuri movie (yes, a SHURI movie) to nearly $200M OW, and a panned movie about an F-list character to over $100M OW (in a year where most other CBMs either didn't or just barely passed $100M in total) so first $200M OW for an R-Rated movie isn't like that surprising considering this coming from Marvel. 

Edited by HummingLemon496

4 minutes ago, poweranimals said:

Has the social media embargo for this released yet? If so, how are the reviews?

So for only for first 40 minutes and reactions are mental.

People are going crazy, there are reports of grown men crying and there are rumors of people ripping away their chairs in theaters in excitement.

• Astonished 1