kayumanggi

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE | 07.26.2024 | Disney | latest trailer on page 76

Critics Consensus
"Ryan Reynolds makes himself at home in the MCU with acerbic wit while Hugh Jackman provides an Adamantium backbone to proceedings in Deadpool & Wolverine, an irreverent romp with a surprising soft spot for a bygone era of superhero movies."

• Like 1

1 minute ago, grey ghost said:

The fact that ya'll just decided to ignore RT and focus on Metacritic kind of confirms this thread has been taken over by concern trolls.

Yeah sure okay .

Deadpool metascore 65

Deadpool 2 66

This 54  . Same vicinity as marvels and not that far from the other duds.

Yeah we should act like it's fine then ok.

It sits 80% RT and will drop more .

70s RT is pretty average by MCU standards . 

DS2 is 74%

Expect Audience to be strong but don't really expect it to be the savior or MCU is back  like some were expecting . Looks from the positives it's really fun and does enough to overcome it's story problems.

2025 we may end up back to the same MCU woes. 

1 minute ago, MisterLibby said:

We are obviously moving away from traditional publications (most reviewers used to work for NEWSPAPERS can you imagine) and toward fan sites. In other words, expect splits like this to continue to widen. 

This, also! Many folks were calling on Rotten Tomatoes for diversity (this was not a bad thing, so lets not get into it), and that meant the site was forced to go outside the scope of traditional outlets because of how they still generally hire.

1 minute ago, Liiviig 1998 said:

2025 we may end up back to the same MCU woes. 

That would be a possibility regardless of how good DP&W's reviews were

Edited by AniNate

I'm not sure how you fuck this up with Reynolds, Jackman, and Feige spearheading this whole project. A reviewed project in the low 70’s is a bit of a train wreck. Glad Levy is not an Avengers director choice after this misstep, he got the keys to a Lamborghini and totaled it.

Fastest certified fresh ever, especially considering it's not over 80%...wonder if it, like Wonder Woman 2, has to end up rescinding that one...

Top critics back to fresh at 61% - I expect they'll end up rotten with all reviews in...

And damn, there are a lot of normies who float RT scores now...

• Like 1

So far a 79% with 114 reviews. Not that bad, still pretty decent and above average. Most likely it’s Fan service the movie and general audiences will probably love it. I doubt it’s gonna have the bad word of mouth that Doctor Strange MOM received due to its lack of fan service that dissapointed audiences. 

5 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Fastest certified fresh ever, especially considering it's not over 80%...wonder if it, like Wonder Woman 2, has to end up rescinding that one...

Top critics back to fresh at 61% - I expect they'll end up rotten with all reviews in...

Fresh certification can only be lost if the movie falls under 70%

1 hour ago, Lucas said:

So 5th lowest of all MCU movies on MetaCritic so far. I'm not sure how that's supposed to be a surprise dub for this.

Hilarious how you cherry picked every negative review to post here only for it to end certified fresh on Rotten Tomatoes lmao

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, MysteryMovieMogul said:

But the reviews I've read say this doesn't take place in the MCU enough.

There's absolutely no way to use this film as a bellwether. 

Ok fair enough.

Guess with Reynolds and Jackman involved with fiege involved. This is one of the projects I guess I expected a little more , no masterpiece but something closer to the 2 previous entries but still seems the some multiverse  saga story problems seem to be evident here.

The little hope you have the other less popular  projects turning out great kind of thins.

Fiege and team have definitely lost a certain touch and I feel due to the shaky foundation on which  the saga was established ,it will definitely take a while too smooth things . Especially with adjusting around this whole Kang business. So won't be surprised if the upcoming avenger projects are also kind of lacking due to juggling lots of characters .

51 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

It's Deadpool - it's never going to be everyone's cup of tea.   But so far these are solid reviews.  These aren't Venom or Morbius and even then bad reviews didn't hurt Venom b/c that's what that target audience wanted from a Venom movie.  If  D&W delivers what the Deadpool and Wolverine audience wants then it's done it's job.   If it doesn't it will crash like AMQ.

Good point.

Movies like Venom, Suicide Squad and Deadpool appeal to juggalos, bikers and juvenile delinquents. They could give two shits about "metacritic".

These movies are critic proof.

8 minutes ago, Veclozy said:

Hilarious how you cherry picked every negative review to post here only for it to end certified fresh on Rotten Tomatoes lmao

I picked reviews that appeared on my timeline that hadn't already been posted here, which included very positive ones like Perri Nemiroff. But also indeed a lot of negatives from the "proper" film critics, which makes sense since those are the ones I follow. Tf do you mean "cherry picked", everything gets posted here eventually - just hopefully not twice. At no point did I predict or estimate where the consensus with All Critics would land. I did however agree earlier that the divide with Top Critics would be very noticeable... and it is.

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Yeah. This has been a thing though. But, yes... It's kinda nuts. We're probably both old enough remember when RT was like 125 total reviews and MC was like 25 for BIG releases. Haha.

• Like 1