kayumanggi

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE | 07.26.2024 | Disney | latest trailer on page 76

30 minutes ago, Manny G said:

“this type of fun is what has been missing in blockbuster movies lately.” is this satire?

I understand being hyped but making statements like these ?😂😂this is as generic and casual as it gets literally 9 out of 10  blockbuster trailer look like this these day

Nope! Compare this to anything that's been out in the last year itself.

16 minutes ago, crazymoviekid said:

Fine trailer, but the marketing is definitely not as creative.  Remember DP2's Bob Ross teaser??  Or the Cable without CGI teaser??  Where is that energy?

🤔 

LuL

10 minutes ago, TheFlatLannister said:

People on reddit are still using Deadpool 1 and 2 to comp Deadpool 3 even though they are entirely different situations 

the top comment on Reddit that's about box office is should make around GOTG3 number which would be around 850m worldwide.  That seems like a reasonable/positive take for an R-rated movie.

16 minutes ago, TheFlatLannister said:

People on reddit are still using Deadpool 1 and 2 to comp Deadpool 3 even though they are entirely different situations 

Think Deadpool2 opens to $150M in timeline where Infinity War doesn't open 3 weeks prior and was still making like $30M that weekend.

Edited by charlie Jatinder

1 hour ago, TMP said:

Significantly better trailer. Looks like it could be really dumb fun as a road trip movie, just hope they don’t do any multiverse cameo tedium. Weird to see an MCU trailer that doesn’t put me to sleep after the last few misses, but I could see this one being… good? 

I feel like they turned the multiverse shenanigans down here. Its actually a surprisingly intimate trailer in that its really just highlighting a few character sequences and not much more. 

What I like most is clearly Hugh is playing a very different Wolverine and isn't afraid to do that. 

Am not as blown away as some people seem to be by the trailer. I think it does a poor job selling the comedy which is my big worry for this sequel; and it looks to have the Ant Man problem of cutting out the regular cast (though I imagine they are back for the final act - or least I hope).

DP2 trailer had more swagger and I think the X Force stuff was more exciting personally that just 'oh Wolverines here'.

Still excited though, just wary but I think that's how a lot of the audience will feel until the reviews start feeding in. 

I finally got to sit down and fully watch the trailer, and I have to say, it's looking good! This trailer was less exciting than the first one, but this one is much funnier and showcases the core of the movie better. Had Marvel not made the mistakes it has made, this would've been an easy billion dollar hit. But even still, this can easily get to Homecoming/Guardians 2/Thor 3 numbers, with maybe a bigger domestic skew.

1 hour ago, Manny G said:

“this type of fun is what has been missing in blockbuster movies lately.” is this satire?

I understand being hyped but making statements like these ?😂😂this is as generic and casual as it gets literally 9 out of 10  blockbuster trailer look like this these day

I mean, besides this film and Fall Guy, I haven't seen many "fun" trailers where I'm grinning ear to ear by the end. They're all so self-serious these days.

Okay. Fine. Let’s fucking go!

(I am shocked at how much I liked this. Was fully prepared to be indifferent to blah)

• Like 2