75Live

Weekend Thread | est. DS 43 | Trolls 35 | Arrival 24 | Alm.X-Mas 15.56 | Hacksaw 10.77 | Account. 4.57 |

Just now, TalismanRing said:

For all the referencing "Amazing Amy" WTF happened to Rosamund Pike?

Had a baby around the same time Gone Girl opened. She does have a movie with David Oyelowo that got great reviews at TIFF and will be released by Fox Searchlight in February.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, TalismanRing said:

For all the referencing "Amazing Amy" WTF happened to Rosamund Pike?

She's still making films but I think she took time off as she had another child at the end of 2014. She has a new film out called A United Kingdom which is released in the UK in two weeks and February in the US.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

Been here since the legendary JPW (as Kal would put it) weekend.

I joined BOT during the summer of 2013. I remember I joined as soon as I stumbled upon the site, because I was so into box office at the time (still am).

• Like 3

4 hours ago, filmlover said:

Can't wait until Ethan/DAJK/WrathOfHan reach college and discover that extravagant parties that look like Oscar after-parties from Transformers 2 don't exist.

Parties barely exist

I'll say this though; I got the most drunk yet at a birthday party last night and the hangover really didn't help my enjoyment of Arrival

4 hours ago, CJohn said:

I already belonged to the BOM forums (I joined for TDK), I joined here on the day it opened. I am old in this community. 

Son saw a picture once, he says you look like you are ~ 20y younger than me

4 hours ago, elcaballero said:

Y'all are old.

snip

I'm a whippersnapper around here.

4 hours ago, That One Guy said:

While everyone on here is dying, I'll be in my 30s.  That should give you an idea of my age.

4 hours ago, elcaballero said:

Alright, now I feel old. I'm 21. 

Pfft, I bought with my self-earned money the tickest for Star Wars IV during it's first run. As my younger brother (not a twin), was born, president JFK was still alive/president. I am older than BKB, Tele, Baumer...

I know there is at least one male user who is older than me, not sure if he is still active, but I might be the oldest female (more or less) active user here. And I still feel not old. :D

• Like 6

45 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

I ve heard about walk-outs during some Arrival screenings.

I'm surprised its Cinemascore is as high as it is.  Not because it's not a good film, but because it's 70% sci-fi film and 30% art house film, which the regular moviegoing audience was neither expecting, nor has much tolerance for.  Heard grumbling from some people walking out of the packed Saturday night showing I went to.

• Like 1

I went to see it a second time with some friends. The place was packed. After it was over my friends decided to buy alcohol and discuss the movie (I've known these guys since we were 5 years old and we've never done this) and then we spent 3 hours talking about the movie and its themes. I'm not too scared about its legs. 

• Like 3