kayumanggi

JUSTICE LEAGUE | 427.2 M overseas ● 654.4 M worldwide

7 minutes ago, KeepItU25071906 said:

If they won't kill all main cast - may be. Without Stark, Captain, Hulk, etc.  I really doubt.

What is your opinion on a Thor + Doctor Strange + Guardians + Hulk + Captain Marvel + Black Panther + Spiderman combination? I think a movie with them can surpass a billion. This year, the Guardians alone has $863 million. Spidey has $880 million. Thor also has $800 million+. I'll put Doctor Strange 2 at $750 to $800 million because the first one managed $678 million. A combination of them, even without Iron Man and Cap, may be enough.

Edited by UserHN

10 minutes ago, KeepItU25071906 said:

Spiderman is more popular SH ever. His worst result in history> JL box-office. It seems like Civil War (Avengers 2.5) should say thanks to him, than he should.

Spiderman doesn't need "post-Avengers effect".

We'll never really know Spidey's effect on Civil War box office. Maybe huge, or maybe negligible. Remember that all those characters in Civil War, even without Spidey, are enough for the movie to cross the billion mark.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, UserHN said:

What is your opinion on a Thor + Doctor Strange + Guardians + Hulk + Captain Marvel + Black Panther + Spiderman combination? I think a movie with them can surpass a billion. 

We're talking about F&F8 result, not billion

6 minutes ago, UserHN said:

We'll never really know Spidey's effect on Civil War box office. 

You can see reaction on YT when Spidey appearance happened in the second trailer. Or read/see review on tis trailer. And you'll find an answer.

Edited by KeepItU25071906

52 minutes ago, KeepItU25071906 said:

Absolutely. First - Avengers 3! Second- Avengers 4! Third.... that's all. Many films.

:hahaha:

You seem to be one of the most frustrated about this JL failure, that's obvious. Calm down and stop attacking those disagreeing :redcapes:

Time  to let it go...and move on!

Edited by Fullbuster
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, KeepItU25071906 said:

You can see reaction on YT when Spidey appearance happened in the second trailer. Or read/see review on tis trailer. And you'll find an answer.

That seems like a very vague argument, if you base on YT comments. The strong counterpoint to that one is, remember those other characters in Civil War? They're the stars of the 2 Avengers movies. Both movies that are HUGE, more than a Spidey solo can ever be. Even in the Spidey solo movie, they had to put Stark in a few scenes and plaster Iron Man in the posters just to have more appeal in some markets. Anyway, I think we are in the wrong thread to discuss this one. It's unfair to Justice League fans.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, KeepItU25071906 said:

We're talking about F&F8 result, not billion

Only big fanboys react on YT tbh and they don't make up half of the total boxoffice for MCU movies, so that doesn't realy make it reliably. 

i think grossing around MOS's 668 ww implies a 'fiasco' if not a 'flop'. that's the solo SH film that kick-started things 4 years back and now JL struggling to beat it says it all. had there been less divisiveness for MOS and BVS, JL should have done 50% higher than MOS's 668 for 1.0b if not more.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

You seem to be one of the most frustrated about this JL failure, that's obvious.

Ok, tell me what MCU movies, except Avengers, would earn more than FF8, if I so obvious. Give me your arguments.

48 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

Calm down and stop attacking those disagreeing 

I'm absolutely calm and just talking with opponents.

47 minutes ago, UserHN said:

That seems like a very vague argument, if you base on YT comments. 

I base on Internet reaction.

40 minutes ago, Assie said:

Only big fanboys react on YT tbh and they don't make up half of the total boxoffice for MCU movies, so that doesn't realy make it reliably. 

Only blind person can't see that I wrote not only about YT

32 minutes ago, KeepItU25071906 said:

I base on Internet reaction.

Are you sure casual moviegoers (not the fanboys and haters) post reactions on YT and internet articles? Also, basing on internet reaction is not a good way to measure how Spidey affected Civil War's gross. First, very few people post comments on the internet. There are hundreds of millions of moviegoers but only few thousands post comments on the net. Second, there is no objective way to measure Spidey's effect on the movie.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, a2knet said:

i think grossing around MOS's 668 ww implies a 'fiasco' if not a 'flop'.

The number don't lie , they were still great for Superman reboot if you consider Batman' counterpart (its almost twice BB ww cume even if you adjust for budget/revenue) and GL flopping. 

They were good enough from a fresh start point of view , it was reception side that wasn't fine for them and seeing how they've been so reactionary to backlash that they tried to meddle with BvS and things got escalated after BvS

35 minutes ago, KeepItU25071906 said:

2017 is now. Many people use forums. It's not 2005 or even 2010. I think we can do some assumptions based on internet reaction.

No. Like what I said, only a few thousands post comments and reactions on the internet. There are hundreds of millions of moviegoers around the world. Also, like what I also said, you have no objective way to measure Spidey's box office contribution to Civil War. Maybe a survey conducted in a scientific way can do but there is none that I know of.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KeepItU25071906 said:

If they won't kill all main cast - may be. Without Stark, Captain, Hulk, etc.  I really doubt.

Spiderman is more popular SH ever. His worst result in history> JL box-office. It seems like Civil War (Avengers 2.5) should say thanks to him, than he should.

Spiderman doesn't need "post-Avengers effect".

:rofl:   Popular as he is SM's B.O. was shedding WW audience since SM3 and Domestic since SM1.

Domestically, ASM2 sold about 35% of the tickets as SM1 (69.4m -> 24.3m) and 50% of SM3.

If that Disney deal never happens then ASM3 would have fallen again Domestic and WW and yes it's totals would have been under even JL WW instead it made $280m more WW  and did about 50% more business domestic than ASM2.

ASM2 was already under TWS ($259m/$714m) domestic and WW.  ASM3 would probably have been under TDW  ($644m) and maybe even under the first IM -  unadjusted for inflation and about half of IM3 $1.2b).

That Avengers and MCU effect is exactly why Sony made the deal with Disney  It's why they wanted him featured in CW to re-boost his popularity.  It's why they wanted either RDJ or Evans for their SM reboot.  It's why they paid RDJ a reported $15-20m for 3 days of work and 7 minutes of screen time in SM:HC.

FYI the 1st trailer for CW was just as big as the 2nd trailer - sans Spidey. 

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

ASM2 was already under TWS ($259m/$714m) domestic and WW.  ASM3 would probably have been under TDW  ($644m) and maybe even under the first IM -  unadjusted for inflation and about half of IM3 $1.2b)

Marvel and Disney fan here)))

Well, I repeat especially for you. His WORST result, his WORST movie with BAD WOM (with muted reviews) earned a little bit less than BEST movie about Captain with GREAT wom and GREAT reviews.

Also, Dark World had Avengers push and even that didn't help beated worst Spidey result.

20 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

FYI the 1st trailer for CW was just as big as the 2nd trailer - sans Spidey. 

:hahaha: second trailer has much bigger numbers

1 minute ago, KeepItU25071906 said:

Marvel and Disney fan here)))

Well, I repeat especially for you. His WORST result, his WORST movie with BAD WOM (with muted reviews) earned a little bit less than BEST movie about Captain with GREAT wom and GREAT reviews.

Also, Dark World had Avengers push and even that didn't help beated worst Spidey result.

Ignoring your obnoxious dismissiveness...

Do you understand the concept of downward trajectory and continued loss of audience vs box office growth and popularity of the brand?

SM was going in the first direction and CA in the latter.

Read the Sony e-mails and look at the deal Sony made with Disney and it will lay it out for you.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Ignoring your obnoxious dismissiveness...

Just a facts. 

6 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Do you understand the concept of downward trajectory and continued loss of audience vs box office growth and popularity of the brand?

So, Do you wanna say that if Sony will make good Spidey movie it'll earn less (or equal) than ASM2? Are you sure?

6 minutes ago, KeepItU25071906 said:

Just a facts. 

So, Do you wanna say that if Sony will make good Spidey movie it'll earn less (or equal) than ASM2? Are you sure?

The thing is we are not sure that Sony can make good Spidey movies after TASM2 disappoints.

6 minutes ago, Olive Skywalker said:

The thing is we are not sure that Sony can make good Spidey movies after TASM2 disappoints.

Who knows... 

Homecoming has solid villain character (scene between Keaton and Holland before prom.... ugh!!!) - it's definetely not MCU vibe:sparta:

• Like 1