kayumanggi

JUSTICE LEAGUE | 427.2 M overseas ● 654.4 M worldwide

13 minutes ago, scabab said:

Be thankful of what? He said it would do so much by Sunday, you were all freaking out over it.

The actual number wasn't anywhere near as low. He was way off. Anyone could have come up with a number and been about as close.

7crva.jpg

• Haha 6

14 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Yes but it's also the O/S drop for pre-existing territories.  $185m - $72.2m (-$4m or so from Japan) - 63-64%

This is bull. No one did that when counting Thor’s staggered openings. Thor opened in certain territories about one week before others. His drop was excellent because more territories opened. I didn’t see your succinct breakdown to damper his numbers then. Any time JL has a glimmer of good news, people like you want to poor salt on it. It is getting tired. We all know that JL has not performed well, but this is one drop that actually exceeded expectations, even from a few hours ago. 

Edited by Diana Prince
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Diana Prince said:

This is bull. No one did that when counting Thor’s staggered openings. Thor opened in certain territories about one week before others. His drop was excellent because more territories opened. I didn’t see your succinct breakdown to damper his numbers then. Any time JL has a glimmer of good news, people like you want to poor salt on it. It is getting tired. We all know that JL has not performed well, but this is one drop that actually exceeded expectations, even from a few hours ago. 

Ragnarok drop 40% OS in 2nd weekend without counting the new territories, so the drop is excellent anyway

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Why people are so mad because the number is $ 15M higher than the RTH post?

It's not a great number anyway

They're just mad period because the film isn't doing better.  So they're lashing out at anyone that provides numbers or context that show it's performance in less than a rah rah pom pom light.

It's exhausting.

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Why people are so mad because the number is $ 15M higher than the RTH post?

It's not a great number anyway

not people just one new guy pop up and jealous coz people around here respect RTH :gold:

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

They're just mad period because the film isn't doing better.  So they're lashing out at anyone that provides numbers or context that show it's performance in less than a rah rah pom pom light.

It's exhausting.

And great way of justifying overanalyzing stuff ??

• Like 1

JL gross breakdown this week

Dom - 77.66 (estimated)

China -  31.97 (16.37 weekend (-68.6%) and 15.6 weekdays)

OS-Ch - 92.83 (55.83 weekend and 37 weekdays) (estimates)

Total - 481.3m

Dom - It's currently at 171m total and with FB/MJ2 legs it will get to a final total of 240m. Since legs on average so far have been worse than either of these movies I doubt it can get to 240m. I would say a total of 230-235 is more likely. 

China - Total stands at 83m after the weekend. Thor for reference was at 95.3m or so after its second weekend and it has thus far made about 16m more. Since JL's legs have been worse than Thor's so far (68.6% vs 60.5% drops for the weekend) I would expect JL to make less than 16m in its remaining run. However Thor faced JL in its 3rd weekend and lost lots of its screens. JL is lucky and will not face any big or medium sized openers so should hold on to a good chunk of its screens. So I would say it can make 16-17m more from China and get to 100m at least

OS - Total OS-China stands at 226 right now after making 92.83 for the week.  50% week on week fall will get JL another 90 million or so from OS territories. This leads to a total OS-Ch of 316 and total OS with China of 416m. However I doubt JL will manage 50% week on week fall, at least for the next week, given that even Thor did not manage that. I think a fall of 55-60% is more likely with an OS-Ch gross of 75 million more. That would give a total overseas with China of around 400 million

Total - Using the numbers above I would give it a range of 630 to 670 million (realistic projection). A more optimistic projection would be 660 to 700 million. Right now I am gonna go with my realistic projection.s 

Edited by ZeeSoh
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, NamakFiskKa said:

And great way of justifying overanalyzing stuff ??

If you don't like the analysis then there are other fan sites like Superherohype or reddit where they don't do that. This forum is geared towards numbers not fanboy stuff (it is BOXOFFICE forum after all) so you will see number analysis and comparisons. Just because an analysis or a comparison is not what you want to hear or displeases you doesn't mean it shouldn't be done. 

• Like 5

On 11/24/2017 at 11:01 AM, ZeeSoh said:

Okay this makes more sense

So assuming it did 330 till Tuesday means it made 14.5m OS on tuesday which is a drop of 21.6% from Monday

Assuming it made 353 through Wed means it made 12.5m OS on wed which is a drop of 13.8% from Tuesday

Gives a running OS total of about 230 till Wednesday. I expect OS total by end of Sunday to be 310-320

My lower end projection turned out to be quite close to actuals

7 minutes ago, NamakFiskKa said:

Just accept when your figures get wrong a bit

Mine? Look above for reference

Look mate no one can see the future here and we try our best to use available plus past data to project. Of course it is a given that we could be bang on target or wildly off. There is nothing wrong with that and nothing to admit or accept there. We do that because we find it fun and engaging. If someone doesn't like analysis and projections by people then they can simply ignore them. 

• Like 7

The first Iron Man movie made 585 million worldwide, and that was 9 years ago, without 3D.

Adjusted for inflation today: 677 million.

So, Justice League will struggle and might end up making less than the first Iron Man movie. Seriously, I can't believe WB didn't do anything right after the opening numbers. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

The first Iron Man movie made 585 million worldwide, and that was 9 years ago, without 3D.

Adjusted for inflation today: 677 million.

So, Justice League will struggle and might end up making less than the first Iron Man movie. Seriously, I can't believe WB didn't do anything right after the opening numbers. 

What could they do? They're probably in search of heads to make roll but that's not the time to do something.

But it's clear that radical changes are to be expected in the coming months, DC movies and the DCEU will change a lot.

• Like 1

Has JL opened in all the territories in which it will make a run? BOM shows the countries, but compared to Thor looks like less markets are in play. If that is the case, is that perhaps because Marvel has a much better track record around the world. DC has less reliable places to go for profit, as at the moment, their brand seems to be inferior world wide.