kayumanggi

JUSTICE LEAGUE | 427.2 M overseas ● 654.4 M worldwide

Not a good weekend drop (-57% from last weekend) most likely cause of it losing most screens in China. But pretty good weekdays (almost same as weekend) 

425M OS 

• Like 1

My guess for this weekend update was that it would be at 400, so 401.3 is a marginal improvement, but not enough to make any difference.  It's been open for 4 weekends now so it's going to lose a lot of screens to star wars this week starting on wednesday in some places.  In the last 7 days it made 28m overseas, I think next sundays update will add about ten million, 410-412 for a grand final total of ~425

JL gross breakdown this week

Dom - 14.66m (9.6 weekend, 5.06 weekday) (estimates)

China -  4.53 (1.06 weekend, 3.47 weekday) 

OS-Ch - 24.91 (15.4 weekend and 9.5 weekdays) (estimates)

Dom - JL dropped about 42.4% over the weekend and same week on week. FB managed 3.36x multi from this weekend on. If JL follows that it will make about 32m more and land at about 244 dom. But FB only faced RO whereas JL will face TLJ which will be stronger competition plus FB is ahead in dailies compared to JL so I dont think it will manage the same multi. Should land somewhere in the 235-240m range I think. 

China - JL made about 4.53m in China this week which is a drop of nearly 70%. It will make less than 1m going forward in China, maybe 0.5m or less

OS-Ch - JL had about 45% weekend drop and about 46.8% drop week on week. That's a better drop than last week when it fell about 50% or so. The drop is helped by the fact that nothing big opened this week. But next week TLJ is opening in most countries and that will cause JL to drop a little bit more than this week. Difficult to say how it will hold up during holidays though. But if it does 50% week on week drop from now on it will make about 25m more overseas for a final overseas total of 427 or so. Maybe it will hold better during holidays and get to 430 overseas total

Total - Range should be 660 at the lower end and 670 at the higher end. Don't think it will fall below 650 but O/U Man of Steel will be the one to watch. I don't think it overtakes Doctor strange at this point. 700 is completely dead at this point, no chance of it. 

Edited by ZeeSoh
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, scabab said:

Box Office Mojo updated the International Gross as of Thursday.

$409.7 million

$626 million worldwide. Should be around $635 million by Sunday?

I noticed that too, strange! 

$7.1m weekdays this week. 

I think $635m too. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Krissykins said:

I think $635m too. 

Couldn’t the update be from previously unreported markets? Last I checked, JL had several markets that had not been reported from late November. Now, they almost all say as of 12/10. 

2 hours ago, Ms Lady Hawk said:

Couldn’t the update be from previously unreported markets? Last I checked, JL had several markets that had not been reported from late November. Now, they almost all say as of 12/10. 

No.  BOM gets the w/e numbers and running totals from Comscore which get them from WB (or relevant distributors)

BOM don't update individual markets until they get a chart of actual but the numbers for the w/e are already included in the w/e update - unless it's a small or older film where the studio isn't reporting every w/e

For some films, B.O. is also reported as of Thursday and BOM updates accordingly.

Edited by TalismanRing

3 hours ago, Krissykins said:

I think $635m too. 

it could actually go over 640. Since it made 7.1m in 3-4 weekdays. it would make sense if it earned more in the weekend

Edited by mredman