kayumanggi

JUSTICE LEAGUE | 427.2 M overseas ● 654.4 M worldwide

1 minute ago, Diana Prince said:

Has JL opened in all the territories in which it will make a run? BOM shows the countries, but compared to Thor looks like less markets are in play. If that is the case, is that perhaps because Marvel has a much better track record around the world. DC has less reliable places to go for profit, as at the moment, their brand seems to be inferior world wide. 

Not released in North Korea yet. It's a big market so we'll have to wait for it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Astonished 1

6 minutes ago, mredman said:

so now close to 500 million WW in 10 days is bad now:wintf:oh i forgot its the JL bash boards. Even gitesh wrote its "Intl markets faring better"

Amazing number for JL! With that number, it might beat Man of Steel in the end. Unbelievable! A huge success for WB and DCEU fanboys

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

11 minutes ago, mredman said:

so now close to 500 million WW in 10 days is bad now:wintf:oh i forgot its the JL bash boards. Even gitesh wrote its "Intl markets faring better"

It made only 60m more than BvS in 10 days what BvS did in 3. How is that good?

It's also heading towards an OS total that will probably be 100m less than BvS. How you interpret that is upto but you at least can't call it good, c'mon now

7 minutes ago, Rth Ragnarok said:

Figured on weekend cume being 295-300m, have to see where other 9-10m come from and if any changes with updates tomorrow. 

Erm... sir,

In your opinion is there a chance of Justice League failing to outgross Doctor Strange?

Thank you.

AJG.

On 11/26/2017 at 5:39 AM, mredman said:

[mod edit]

Maybe because I am not american and comic books were not a thing where a grew up and didn't even knew they were 2 distinct company before the movies universe started, but it is hard to imagine that many people have a pre form bias or care much if at all about Marvel or DC, outside the comicbook reporting world at least. Would it even be 1% of the total population that care even just a little bit by any of this ? Comic book sales are what 200k/300k for an high sellers ?

Just look at WonderWoman reception or the Nolan Batman trilogy reception or the DC video games receptions, that does not seem to fit into a narrative of some big pro Marvel world, anti-DC world.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Maybe because I am not american and comic books were not a thing were a grew up and didn't even knew they were 2 distinct company before the movies universe started, but it is hard to imagine that many people have a pre form bias or care much if at all about Marvel or DC, outside the comicbook reporting world at least. Would it even be 1% of the total population that care even just a little bit by any of this ? Comic book sales are what 200k/300k for an high sellers ?

Just look at WonderWoman reception or the Nolan Batman trilogy reception or the DC video games receptions, that does not seem to fit into a narrative of some big pro Marvel world, anti-DC world.

+1

While growing up in India, the only SH comic I had read personally was that of Superman. I had heard of Batman, SM and WW (due to Linda Carter show). Moved to the US in the late 80s. I found out about Captain America due to a Will Smith line in Men in Black. I did not know about Iron Man till early 2008.

So Superman, Batman and WW have been popular for decades. Marvel has elevated unknown superheroes to A-lister levels. Iron Man may the most popular SH now and Captain America seems have taken the Superman spot as the good guy Superhero. People have supported Marvel because of the quality of their movies.

Let's not forget, Batman was the top SH and at his peak after Nolan's successful trilogy that ended in 2012. Now his ensemble movie will gross only about 10% more than the adjusted gross of the universally reviled Batman and Robin. That is repudiation of DCEU due to quality of BvS, SS and JL. Critics and audiences enthusiastically accepting WW highlights the fact that DCEU problems are due to quality rather than bias. 

Personally, as a moviebuff I would love to see good movies from DC. At this point in time, I like Marvel, since their movies are miles ahead of DC in quality. It is that simple.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

OS up from estimates too
  • Like 2

185m to 71.5m while opening in Japan (around 3.8m there I guess).

That is 185m to 67.7m or a 64+% drop in is opening market, is it possible that in that 185m figure for the first weekend intl there is a lot of wednesday/thursday to sunday type of figure and pure friday to sunday for the second ? Because it sound very step when considering that some market are not frontloaded at all. I imagine that it is maybe simply China being a large part of that 185m opening.

2 hours ago, Barnack said:

That is 185m to 67.7m or a 64+% drop in is opening market, is it possible that in that 185m figure for the first weekend intl there is a lot of wednesday/thursday to sunday type of figure and pure friday to sunday for the second ? Because it sound very step when considering that some market are not frontloaded at all. I imagine that it is maybe simply China being a large part of that 185m opening.

International BO is not Fri-Sun weekend and there's no week figure, it works like this

-The weekend is the total of all the normal weekend totals of all the individual territories/markets , how they officially report numbers. A weekend figure is classed as the standard day a film wouldn't normally open through to  Sunday (China is an exception), so it can be a 5 days  (ie France) ,4 days (ie Australia) ,3days  (ie UK),2 days  (ie Japan).

For example in France they have no proper daily totals because a lot of theatres only report a total weekend/week figure, so the daily figures reported never add up to the weekend/week total.

-the 1st weekend of any territory/market also includes any previews (regardless of if the individual market reports preview figures separately and not part of their actual opening weekend figure)

-Exchange rates $lc to $us are based on studios/producers inter-company rates. The individual markets don't give a rats what the amount is in $us only when it comes for them to transfer any collected rental income to overseas (and a lot of the time its not going direct to US often tax haven countries)

-any records set  day,weekend etc come from the territories/markets in  $lc and based on their official Opening day, weekend, week, lifetime data.

Thursday is the most common opening day for example JL 6 markets start a week on Wed, 24  start Friday, at least 36 Thursday starts, 1 saturday (Japan which also had previews)

so when you see a figure for  say Wed or Thu part of those figures form the weekend total (the total of the markets that normally start on Wed, Thu). That's often why people will say but hang on Thursday figure was X how can the weekend and/or cume be Y

Edited by Rth Ragnarok
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 7

On 2017/11/27 at 10:49 AM, jb007 said:

+1

While growing up in India, the only SH comic I had read personally was that of Superman. I had heard of Batman, SM and WW (due to Linda Carter show). Moved to the US in the late 80s. I found out about Captain America due to a Will Smith line in Men in Black. I did not know about Iron Man till early 2008.

So Superman, Batman and WW have been popular for decades. Marvel has elevated unknown superheroes to A-lister levels. Iron Man may the most popular SH now and Captain America seems have taken the Superman spot as the good guy Superhero. People have supported Marvel because of the quality of their movies.

Let's not forget, Batman was the top SH and at his peak after Nolan's successful trilogy that ended in 2012. Now his ensemble movie will gross only about 10% more than the adjusted gross of the universally reviled Batman and Robin. That is repudiation of DCEU due to quality of BvS, SS and JL. Critics and audiences enthusiastically accepting WW highlights the fact that DCEU problems are due to quality rather than bias. 

Personally, as a moviebuff I would love to see good movies from DC. At this point in time, I like Marvel, since their movies are miles ahead of DC in quality. It is that simple.

it's very difficult for WB to roboot Batman after Nolan.DCEU can't be started without Batman.

BvS is smart choice to start DCEU.Snyder didn't catch up with it.They should choose another to direct Justice league.even put justice league for one or two years later.

After Marvel huge success,it's not easy to build up another film universe with own Style and characters.The mode and taste are already set.it's not your style.It's others.WB need more time to explore own way to rebulid.For example,Marvel never has Woman superhero in 10 years.WB Get ww In 4 years.Wonder Woman is already huge success.WB should do more solo films now.Solo films are more stable.even MOS is not bad.Need more time.

Edited by bangbingchan
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Barnack said:

China is doing great.it might be a few areas JL is better than BvS.

BvS OW$57M

JL   OW$52M

This week JL will be more in total than BvS in China.JL around $100M in the end.BvS $95M

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

According to Forbes JL did about 15m overseas on Monday-Tuesday. Last week it had done about 33m overseas on Mon-Tue. So it fell about 55% from last week. 

So very close to 400 mil o.s after this weekend ?