kayumanggi

JUSTICE LEAGUE | 427.2 M overseas ● 654.4 M worldwide

5 minutes ago, stephanos13 said:

$700m would save some face.

But the highest I can get it to is $665m. 

The good news is I don’t think there’s any big releases this weekend, definitely no launches obviously. And I think Coco only adds one market next weekend so it could have a good drop before Star Wars hits the whole globe. 

Fingers crossed for some great drops over Christmas and new year. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, efialtes76 said:

Any rivals?

Coco,Wonder,DH2 and MOTOE opened in many markets.

:lol:   None are in remotely the same genre and of those only Coco is a big budget film.  And Coco's roll out has been slow with it's biggest market being China where it opened the week before.

1 minute ago, TalismanRing said:

:lol:   None are in remotely the same genre and of those only Coco is a big budget film.  And Coco's roll out has been slow with it's biggest market being China where it opened the week before.

They might not be the same genre but they are new releases which take up lots of screens.

Plus last weekend wasn’t a holiday anywhere apart from the US. The international drop this weekend was fine, better than expected. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, TalismanRing said:

They might not be the same genre but they are new releases which take up lots of screens.

Plus last weekend wasn’t a holiday anywhere apart from the US. The international drop this weekend was fine, better than expected. 

5 hours ago, mredman said:

thats good for JL

Is this just sarcasm? This movie is headed to a $650 to $680 million final gross. An under-$800 million total gross for a JL movie (a film with 3 A-list superheroes and some B-listers and the equivalent of The Avengers) is a disaster. It might not even enter the worldwide Top 10 this year, and it might not even break even considering the prod budget is supposedly $250-300 million and add in another $150 million for marketing and distribution budget.

• Like 1

Well if we are real here for a sec, yeah JL masively underpreformed on the openingweekend but since then we predicted all doom and gloom but i held beter then expected every weekend. Not that it are great holds, but don't think we should predict a very hard drop for next weekend cause it doesn't seem to be a BvS. When TLJ comes it will be a diferent story tought. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I can’t see it getting to 700m either, sadly. I wish it had performed like in Brazil for every market but alas people were just too burned by BVS I guess.

I wonder just how much WB is gonna lose financially from this.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

I can’t see it getting to 700m either, sadly. I wish it had performed like in Brazil for every market but alas people were just too burned by BVS I guess.

I wonder just how much WB is gonna lose financially from this.

Nothing. even Deadline said last week that high 600 numbers will get it to break even point. Then they likely made some investments through product placements and other stuff no movie hinges on only BO performance. Even Tele mentioned that last week i believe that they will eventually earn money back from it. And if it hits high 600 numbers they will not have lost anything as its the likely break even point for it. Then they will earn money back through tv deals, Mechandise, Blu-Ray, streaming deals ect..

Edited by mredman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Assie said:

If it has 450M productionbudget + marketing it needs atleast 900M right? And from china you only get a 25% cut so that would make it even harder.

There are ancillaries with home video and TV but the numbers tossed around by Forbes and Deadline are that it needs to hit in the area of $650m-$700m WW to eventually break even - taking eventual ancillaries into account.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, mredman said:

Nothing. even Deadline said last week that high 600 numbers will get it to break even point. Then they likely made some investments through product placements and other stuff no movie hinges on only BO performance. Even Tele mentioned that last week i believe that they will eventually earn money back from it. And if it hits high 600 numbers they will not have lost anything as its the likely break even point for it. Then they will earn money back through tv deals, Mechandise, Blu-Ray, streaming deals ect..

I think you are misunderstanding what deadline and Tele are talking about when they are talking about break even point.

That include merchandise, TV, home videos, airlines, soundtracks, etc... sales, 

What people do is that they expect the total cost at break even point to be around 540 to 650m (300m production, 150 to 200m WW theatrical release, 40m home video world release, 35m overhead, 15m residual and participation bonus that probably started for some of the biggest name, that is the big unknown making it impossible to really know. If they are at 60m at GP break that raise the bar quite a bit)

If the movie is to make 45/55 from theatrical rental to non-theatrical revenues, it need to make between 245m to 292m from rental.

something like 240m dbo, 350intl ,100m China (690m WW), would give it around

240*.53 +350*.4+100*.25 = 292.2m making it safe.

See it like that

Revenues:

theatrical: 292.2m

Non-Theatrical: 357m

Total revenues: 650m

Would cover expenses of:

Production budget: 300m

WW theatrical release cost (shipping, taxes, prints, marketings): 150-200m

Home video world release: 40-45m

Overhead: 35m

Residuals: 15m

Participation bonus: X ? (could be anywhere really, but there is a good list of people with potential taste of those revenues, Snyders, Affleck and so on)

If the movie is close to 50/50 theatrical/non-theatrical revenues that would make it harder, no one is suggesting that Justice League would pay all is expense with an high 600m WW box office, that would be enough to pay for the releasing cost, but not for the rest, break even point talk always take into consideration all the expected usual revenues of a movies life times.

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, UserHN said:

Is this just sarcasm? This movie is headed to a $650 to $680 million final gross. An under-$800 million total gross for a JL movie (a film with 3 A-list superheroes and some B-listers and the equivalent of The Avengers) is a disaster. It might not even enter the worldwide Top 10 this year, and it might not even break even considering the prod budget is supposedly $250-300 million and add in another $150 million for marketing and distribution budget.

Worldwide Top 10 is long gone. When you add The Last Jedi's well over $1B to the list, #10 is PotC5 at $795M. 

So JL will end up grossing less than MI 4 & 5 WW!

Never did i think about such a fig for JL. I know its not an apt comparison but for the sake of numbers.

Last 2 MI movies fell in the same range which is expected for JL i.e 650-700m.

Dom as usual JL takes the crown but OS its MI! Thanks to Asia. 

Justice League is also an AVERAGE fare and its lifetime business looks to be finishing in the 38-39 crore nett range. The collections of Justice League till date are as follows.

Week One - 25,08,00,000

Second Week - 9,18,00,000 

Friday - 60,00,000

Saturday - 80,00,000

Third Weekend - 1,40,00,000 apprx (2 Days)

Thats a average fig for a SH movie in India. Will end up grossing 7.5-8.25m in India. 

Doesn't bode well for DC universe.