kayumanggi

JUSTICE LEAGUE | 427.2 M overseas ● 654.4 M worldwide

16 minutes ago, mredman said:

bottomline its not a huge market for Hollywood movies. so that post was just irrelevant and something thats really good is its the first DCEU movie to reach 100 million in China. Wonder why that article did not list that in its pathetic attempt of clickbait. And come on its $3 million less than Spidey. that article is a damn joke.

Its an article about JL's performance in India published by an Indian website. Why on earth would it mention how much it did in China?

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, mredman said:

bottomline its not a huge market for Hollywood movies. so that post was just irrelevant and something thats really good is its the first DCEU movie to reach 100 million in China. Wonder why that article did not list that in its pathetic attempt of clickbait. And come on its $3 million less than Spidey. that article is a damn joke.

That article is specifically for the Indian market. There's no need to mention China. Also, JL reaching $100 million in China can't cover the fact that its projected total gross will fail to reach even $700 million. It won't even be in the worldwide top 10 this year. Embarrassing for DCEU's answer to The Avengers.

Edited by UserHN
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, AJG said:

Both Thor and Spiderman made more over there....

Really not by much (especially spidey) considering they're churning out movies year by year there and JL having botched the native dub scene with its opening

Edited by NamakFiskKa
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mredman said:

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/11/28/eas-day-of-reckoning-is-here-after-star-wars-game-uproar.html

PROOF

You can make money but actually loose tons. This is JL, not that level, but its a huge LOSS for Wb not a win, even if the invest itself comes with a  slight return. Only thing that matters is market share and exceptions. 

37 minutes ago, KJsooner said:

This is going to finish around a C-list hero like Doctor Strange? Wow

Testimony to Marvel building brand success.

And other interesting comparison will be with the almost 10 year's old Hancock.

Outside China:

Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic:  $227,946,274    36.5%
Foreign:  $384,440,472    63.5%

Worldwide:  $609,386,746  

(did around 15m in China)

It is not a given JL will do more than Hancock outside china.

And 609m in 2008 dollar was around 697.7m adjuted for inflation (general purchassing power not movie ticket), JL would need to reach 800m WW to do as much.

Prime Will Smith was huge, but still.... 0 brand/IP attached to that movie doing better than Justice League in this post Dark Knight/Avengers world ?

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, KJsooner said:

This is going to finish around a C-list hero like Doctor Strange? Wow

Doctor Strange was visually stunning and pretty tightly edited and written, so it really doesn't matter whether it's an A or C list hero, what's important is how it's made. 

Strange's trailers were like Inception on LSD while Justice League looked like an unfinished CGI mess by the same director that delivered BvS which was a tremendous disappointment by any standard.

I'm approximately 2140 times bigger Batman fan than MCU fan, but i went to see Strange at the cinema, had a blast, while i didn't bother to see Justice League after wasting my time with BvS and Suicide Squad.

You would think that after Guardians made more than any Superman and XMen film, that studios would understand that brand name by itself means nothing without something interesting to hook the audience but i guess not. Let's still label Thor, Mister Doctor and Guardians C and D level while giving the A characters a terrible treatment and then wonder about the results.

Edited by The Dark Samurai
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, The Dark Samurai said:

You would think that after Guardians made more than any Superman and XMen film, that studios would understand that brand name by itself means nothing without something interesting to hook the audience but i guess not.

I think they did, look how far they pushed far concept and hook storyline with making Batman fighting Superman or added IronMan to SpiderMan, I think they are well aware than more than 10 year's in the newest Superheroes craze that simply having a big name is not the end of everything, Hancock did much more than Batman Begin/X-Men/Superman a long time ago also.

What is really important also, with how is made seem to be by who, C or D, if you are an MCU/DCU entry released by those machine you become a B pretty much automatically.

2 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

I would say something between 625-650 million worldwide.

Under Man of Steel worldwide. 

A 625 M finish would mean a 390 M overseas gross. That's not happening. But yeah, whatever the total is, it's a disappointment.

12 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

So what's the likeliest final tally? We should have a clearer picture now.

240M dom

430M OS

670M WW

I could see up to 680M with holidays advantage. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Sam said:

240M dom

430M OS

670M WW

I could see up to 680M with holidays advantage. 

That's a bit optimistic. It's pretty much done in many major markets. I don't think it can reach $430 million overseas.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, UserHN said:

That's a bit optimistic. It's pretty much done in many major markets. I don't think it can reach $430 million overseas.

I assumed a 50% weekly drops from here off of last week numbers.  It’s been stabilizing in drops so we’ll see how it’ll go. 

Think my dom and OS are both on the higher end. Just O/U Man of Steel. 

1 hour ago, Sam said:

I assumed a 50% weekly drops from here off of last week numbers.  It’s been stabilizing in drops so we’ll see how it’ll go. 

Think my dom and OS are both on the higher end. Just O/U Man of Steel. 

It's had very little competition so far in most markets.  Star Wars commeth.

• Like 1