kayumanggi

JUSTICE LEAGUE | 427.2 M overseas ● 654.4 M worldwide

12 minutes ago, KeepItU25071906 said:

Just a facts. 

So, Do you wanna say that if Sony will make good Spidey movie it'll earn less (or equal) than ASM2? Are you sure?

Dude, give it up. I never knew that extremely diehard Spidey fans are this hardheaded. You're basically trying to convince us that Spiderman is the reason why Civil War did a billion at the box office. Don't you remember The Avengers ($1.5 billion) and Age of Ultron ($1.4 billion)? Both are Spidey-less films and they made huge huge amount of money. So stop it with your nonsense.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, KeepItU25071906 said:

Who knows... 

Homecoming has solid villain character (scene between Keaton and Holland before prom.... ugh!!!) - it's definetely not MCU vibe:sparta:

But its a 100% MCU movie, Mavel Studios took full charge of its production.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, UserHN said:

You're basically trying to convince us that Spiderman is the reason why Civil War did a billion at the box office. 

Nope. I just said Spidey gave it a push.

3 minutes ago, Olive Skywalker said:

But its a 100% MCU movie, Mavel Studios took full charge of its production.

Has Sony had any creative control?

Edited by KeepItU25071906

35 minutes ago, KeepItU25071906 said:

Just a facts. 

So, Do you wanna say that if Sony will make good Spidey movie it'll earn less (or equal) than ASM2? Are you sure?  

Not facts, just typical fanboy rudeness to wave away facts you don't like.

ASM was critically better received than SM3 - it made far less money

WB just critically made a better movie than BvS with JL - not good but better - how'd that work out for B.O.?

TMNT2 was a critically better received movie than TMNT1 and it's B.O. plummeted.

Batman Begins was much better than  the previous 2 Batman films from the 90s but needed 8 years of downtime and a complete make over to sell more tickets than the horrible franchise killer Batman & Robin but still sold 25% fewer tickets domestically than Batman Forever.

X-Men First Class was better than Last Stand and Wolverine 2 much better than Wolverine 1 - and they both made much less at the box office. Wolverine needed another well received film - Logan, to get back to Wolverine 1 domestic audience numbers.

X-Men needed the well received First Class and DOFP  to get back domestically to Last Stand numbers - unadjusted.  And a mediocre reviewed sequel was enough to hurt significantly attendance for APOC.

When a brand is damaged with mediocre and poor films it usually takes time to get back the audience - if ever.

27 minutes ago, Olive Skywalker said:

The thing is we are not sure that Sony can make good Spidey movies after TASM2 disappoints.

Sony wasn't even sure - more than that  they were unsure enough to want SM to be a part of the MCU and to get Feige and the MCU to produce their SM film for them and to pay RDJ all that money for a few days film work and a lot of media promotion.

Edited by TalismanRing

10 minutes ago, KeepItU25071906 said:

MCU realy made good villain... Miracle... 

Don't cry.

:hahaha:

Aren't you the person who was crying about how everyone is shitting on JL, how the DC fans should have trolled everyone when WW was making money and that the DC fans should troll when Aquaman does good box office. 

You are right I am crying from laughing so hard 😂

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, KeepItU25071906 said:

Nope. I just said Spidey gave it a push.

You said earlier that those Avengers characters have more reason to thank Spiderman than vice versa. That's basically saying that those Avengers team-up can't earn huge box office without Spiderman. Again, box office evidences for Avengers 1 and 2 are against you. And come to think of it, without Disney and Feige, Spiderman: Homecoming wouldn't get the box office gross that it got. If Sony continued with TASM3, then the downward trajectory of the previous films would have continued. You should thank the MCU that the trajectory reversed and suddenly got up. And it will continue to go up because of the goodwill Homecoming built with its very positive critical reception.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Not facts, just typical fanboy rudeness to wave away facts you don't like.

You also typical fanboy rudeness to wave away facts you don't like.

But if you wanna play game, ok:

War of the Planet of the Apes: first and second  part have great reviews and great WOM   - worst result. What happened with brand?

Hunger Games 3 - the same. Third part after first and second with great reviews and audience reactions had lesser start.

Kingsman 2 - first part has so-so reviews, BUT great audience WOM. Second part has lesser start.

Kung-fu Panda 2 - start less than first part (with good revies and WOM)

X-Men Apocalypse - much less start than previous X-Men movie with great reviews and good WOM

Age of Ultron down after Avengers (with great revies and WOM). What happened with brand? Same Avengers 2.5. Same The Dark Knight Rises, same Furious 8, etc.

16 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Aren't you the person who was crying about how everyone is shitting on JL, how the DC fans should have trolled everyone when WW was making money and that the DC fans should troll when Aquaman does good box office. 

It was a sarcasm. I know, too many shitty humor in movies, what you love, spoiled your taste but I always ready to help you, if you ask.

47 minutes ago, KeepItU25071906 said:

It was a sarcasm. I know, too many shitty humor in movies, what you love, spoiled your taste but I always ready to help you, if you ask.

Oh is that why even the mod had to admonish you for that 😂

I can understand the epic amount of salt from JL's failure will takr time to run out so I will overlook your lies and continue laughing

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KeepItU25071906 said:

You also typical fanboy rudeness to wave away facts you don't like.

But if you wanna play game, ok:

War of the Planet of the Apes: great WOM from first and second  part - worst result.

Hunger Games 3 - the same.

Kingsman 2 - so-so reviews, but great audience WOM

Kung-fu Panda 2 - start less than first part (with good revies and WOM)

X-Men Apocalypse - much less start than previous X-Men with great reviews and good WOM

I wasn't rude to you but you're one of those weird fanboys who think talking about B.O. is a personal insult if it isn't complimentary to your favorite movies.

Proving you are fact adverse:

Hunger Games 3 - reviews and WOM not nearly as good as the first 2  and it was split in two parts (series on RT 84%, 89%, 66%, 70%)

Kingsman 2 -  Worse reviews, shorter legs and decreased domestically about 25%

X-Men Apoc - 48% on RT - so yeah not great reviews or even good reviews and also missing the hook of the return of the old cast

As for KFP and WOTPA -  it's not atypical for a sequel to do less than a break out hit.  Series reach peaks and the freshness isn't there for a sequel.  Themes and characters can become tired.  Not every film needs a sequel.   In the case of these series KFP hit the peak domestically with the first and Apes with the second.  The 3rd KFP didn't decrease that much from the 2nd (and would have done as well WW if Fox hand't fucked up the China release).   

SM though was on a domestic downtrend since 2002 and WW since 2007 over the course of 5 films.  Again, Sony would not have reached out to Disney and Marvel for the deal if they felt they could turn around the franchise on their own.  They would not have made it part of the deal that Feige and Marvel produce their film or paid a ransom so that RDJ be included.

5 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

I wasn't rude to you but you're one of those weird fanboys who think talking about B.O. is a personal insult if it isn't complimentary to your favorite movies.

Example, please.

Watchmen- one is my favorite, but it's a hard flop. See, I can do it. Can you?