75Live

Weekend Numbers: Fantastic Beasts 75M, Strange 17.6M, Trolls 17.5M, Arrival 11.8M, Edge of 17 4.8M, Bleed 2.35M, Billy Lynn 930k

20 hours ago, tribefan695 said:

Don't you ever get tired of that?

Tired of what? I make my predictions based on how i feel at the time, then if I'm wrong, cheerfully admit it and move on. 

It's not like I have investments in these films or have bet large sums on my predictions. It's just fun following the box office.  ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Heretic said:

Actuals from UK are in, and they are amazing.

£15.25m OW. 9th biggest of all time, behind TFA, DH1&2, Skyfall, Spectre, JW, BD2 and QoS.

How much would that be in comparison to HP films getting released times? 60% more? I forgot, only have a 'feeling'.

edit:

I meant in $

Edited by terrestrial

6 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

How much would that be in comparison to HP films getting released times? 60% more? I forgot, only have a 'feeling'.

edit:

I meant in $

I don't get quite what you're asking, but in dollars, it is way down from all other Potter films. 

For example GOF's £14.9m opening equated to $25.6m, even though FB has a higher opening. 

Edited by Heretic
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Heretic said:

I don't get quite what you're asking, but in dollars, it is way down from all other Potter films. 

For example GOF's £14.9m opening equated to $25.6m, even though FB has a higher opening. 

That example was, what I meant. Was there a HP with an even extremer exchange rate difference, in case you know it out of your head?

Edited by terrestrial
typo
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

That example was, what I meant. Was there a HP with an even extremer exchange rate difference, in case you know it out of your head?

When OotP opened, £1 was the equivalent to $2, the strongest it's ever been, so its dollar gross was huge. It grossed £49m, which is one of the lower marks for Potter, but in dollars it was the 2nd biggest ever with $101m. It's opening, although over 5-days, was £16.5m which was $33.5m at the time. Massive difference to today, when the pound is at its weakest level in decades. 

Edited by Heretic
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Heretic said:

When OotP opened, £1 was the equivalent to $2, the strongest it's ever been, so its dollar gross was huge. It grossed £49m, which is one of the lower marks for Potter, but in dollars it was the 2nd biggest ever with $101m. It's opening, although over 5-days, was £16.5m which was $33.5m at the time. Massive difference to today, when the pound is at its weakest level in decades. 

:wub: Thank you again

20 minutes ago, Heretic said:

FUCKING BREXIT.

• Like 12

1 hour ago, SteveJaros said:

Tired of what? I make my predictions based on how i feel at the time, then if I'm wrong, cheerfully admit it and move on. 

It's not like I have investments in these films or have bet large sums on my predictions. It's just fun following the box office.  ;)

Yeah, but you make some stupid-ass clubs that are more targeted against anything Disney-related.

Remember your "Finding Dory under $210M-club"? Fail. 

Your "Doctor Strange under $150M"-club? Fail.

And now, your "Fantastic Beasts to crush Moana by $200M"-club? Well, guess what? FAIL!

And about you cheerfully admitting you loss?....Honestly, I don't think you're gonna learn something from failing 3 times this year. Cause you're gonna keep doing the same shit with other overly-lowballing clubs for upcoming Disney films.

Like, what's next? Beauty and the Beast under $100M? Guardians of the Galaxy 2 under $200M? Pfft! Give me a break!

I admit.....following the box office is fun. But you creating clubs like those 3.....that's just dumb.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Yeah, but you make some stupid-ass clubs that are more targeted against anything Disney-related.

And now, your "Fantastic Beasts to crush Moana by $200M"-club? Well, guess what? FAIL!

And about you cheerfully admitting you loss?....Honestly, I don't think you're gonna learn something from failing 3 times this year. Cause you're gonna keep doing the same shit with other overly-lowballing clubs for upcoming Disney films.

Like, what's next? Beauty and the Beast under $100M? Guardians of the Galaxy 2 under $200M? Pfft! Give me a break!

I admit.....following the box office is fun. But you creating clubs like those 3.....that's just dumb.

I don't get what's "dumb" about any of it. If I have an inkling about a movie or movie comparison, I might be moved to form a club. I don't randomly spew out numbers, I do think about it a bit, though of course I have my biases. But so what if it's wrong? Not a big deal, eh?

FWIW, I do think GG2 might miss $200m DOM. The first movie was very enjoyable but seemed like a one-shot kind of novelty thing to me, not sure they can recapture that same magic. Sure, the OW will be strong as it rides the wave of goodwill created by the first movie, but legs might shrivel quickly.

Might make a club on that but not sure yet. :D

Edited by SteveJaros
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, SteveJaros said:

I don't get what's "dumb" about any of it. If I have an inkling about a movie or movie comparison, I might be moved to form a club. So what if it's wrong? Not a big deal, eh?

FWIW, I do think GG2 might miss $200m DOM. The first movie was very enjoyable but seemed like a one-shot kind of novelty thing to me, not sure they can recapture that same magic. Might make a club on that but not sure yet. :D

1. Well, I do get what's dumb about it. What's dumb about it is that you're basing those predictions of your pessimistic self-biased. A nonsensical self-biased, i might add.

2. And there's the big problem with you and your clubs. Your Anti-Disney clubs, makes no sense. And about you thinking Guardians 2 going lower than $200M? A big fat LOL! In your dreams. No way at all GOTG2 misses $200M with that lead star and that wide appeal. If Doctor Strange can hit the $200M very soon.....then there's no way GOTG2 does lower than that film.

You're just not being as smart as you think.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Don't forget that he also created quite possibly the dumbest club ever to be created on this board with his Fox to beat Disney in 2016 club when Fox is going to lose to Disney this year by well over $1 billion and Disney was already guaranteed to beat Fox by the time he started that club. 

• Like 2

@Nutella of Arabia

Since the weekend-update, means for me today I 'follow' seemingly every thread I am posting in without having clicked on any 'follow this thread' thingies

Plus a rather strange forced on question row beside having been logged in (forced = without 'answering' all of them I wasn't able to reach anything within BOT, incl profile,...).

Not a complain, only an information

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SoSaysI said:

Don't forget that he also created quite possibly the dumbest club ever to be created on this board with his Fox to beat Disney in 2016 club when Fox is going to lose to Disney this year by well over $1 billion and Disney was already guaranteed to beat Fox by the time he started that club. 

Yeah, that too. Can't understand what he has against Disney. Did Disney rob his home or family? Did the Disney- folks insult him so very much?

You guys don't think Fox has a chance at beating Disney? You're all underestimating Assassin's Creed. It's 1 billion OW will shock you all, and if not convinced, it will have a 0% drop and make 1 billion the next weekend too. In 2014, when Fox took first place, 2016 was predicted to be an even stronger banner year. All hopes lie with that video game movie.

36 minutes ago, SteveJaros said:

FWIW, I do think GG2 might miss $200m DOM. The first movie was very enjoyable but seemed like a one-shot kind of novelty thing to me, not sure they can recapture that same magic. Sure, the OW will be strong as it rides the wave of goodwill created by the first movie, but legs might shrivel quickly.

Iron Man 2 would like to have a word with you.

59 minutes ago, SteveJaros said:

I don't get what's "dumb" about any of it. If I have an inkling about a movie or movie comparison, I might be moved to form a club. I don't randomly spew out numbers, I do think about it a bit, though of course I have my biases. But so what if it's wrong? Not a big deal, eh?

Guardians has a shot at $200 million opening weekend imo :lol: