FlashMaster659

Weekend Thread | Official Estimates: Moana - 55.5/81.1M; Fantastic Beasts - 45.1M; Doctor Strange - 13.4M; Allied - 13/18M; Arrival - 11.3M; Trolls - 10.3M; Bad Santa 2 - 6.1/9M

13 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Shocker...not. :rofl:

It's funny that Paramount actually tried to use Brangelina split and rumors of the affair with Cotillard as a marketing tool. They dropped the trailer right after the news of the split/cheating broke and later released that "Enemy is watching" poster. They knew they had a bomb on their hands. Like, who is this movie for? 

giphy.gif

12 minutes ago, m3racer123 said:

Asgard never has a holiday, he stares unto his sacred orb of box office numbers 24/7 and returns to our dimension to post them on here.

I feel like if I had the resources he does, I would totally do the same thing.

So with everybody falling in love with Moana.

Where did the early buzz of a mediocre movie come from?
It happens now with every 2nd movie. It killed Ghostbusters, it's about to kill Passengers. They tried it with Moana.

I'm really to starting to ask, if this is a studio war including social bots. 

I feel like it's getting worse and worse. 

Social Media is so full of negativity. 

• Like 2

I haven't been here in a while but I would be remiss if I didn't have a chance to root on Moana.

I'm crossing my fingers that she beats Frozen's 5-day total. The movie can do it IMO.

I want Frozen to keep the 5 day record because I'm such a big fan of it, and I like when records stand longer. But I want Moana to do really well too, maybe $85-90m for the 5 day.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

So with everybody falling in love with Moana.

Where did the early buzz of a mediocre movie come from?
It happens now with every 2nd movie. It killed Ghostbusters, it's about to kill Passengers. They tried it with Moana.

I'm really to starting to ask, if this is a studio war including social bots. 

I feel like it's getting worse and worse. 

Social Media is so full of negativity. 

Honestly a studio war with social media bots would be a lot more interesting than most of their upcoming movies.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Morieris said:

Honestly a studio war with social media bots would be a lot more interesting than most of their upcoming movies.

I feel for you if you feel this way. I think there's a great amount of movies coming up (and already being out) worth watching.

I don't think movies get worse, I think people get more and more dissatisfied overall in life and what's been a solid 6/10 10 years ago gets slaughtered on Twitter nowadays. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

I want Frozen to keep the 5 day record because I'm such a big fan of it, and I like when records stand longer. But I want Moana to do really well too, maybe $85-90m for the 5 day.

Real wed is smaller than frozen.

Frozen wins weekend and 5 day

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Poseidon said:

I feel for you if you feel this way. I think there's a great amount of movies coming up (and already being out) worth watching.

I don't think movies get worse, I think people get more and more dissatisfied overall in life and what's been a solid 6/10 10 years ago gets slaughtered on Twitter nowadays. 

I agree with this. Today because of social media everyone feels like giving his/her opinion about everything. And to send a clear message, they mostly choose one of the two extremes. It's almost always either the best movie ever or a total piece of trash. There's very few inbetween, which is quite sad.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

My usual trawl through upcoming releases 2017? Mostly bored me, but that's just me and it's super early. I expect something to change.

A lot of stuff is just fine, it's passable, but I agree that there's too much emphasis on something being very best or worst.

International numbers from last weekend, with an remark on DS's WW during the weekend: he expects it to surpass Iron Man 2 ($623.9) and be the new #8 of the MCU

http://www.the-numbers.com/news/217550830-International-Box-Office-Fantastic-has-a-Beast-of-an-Opening-with-143-3-million

• Like 1