FlashMaster659

Weekend Thread | Official Estimates: Moana - 55.5/81.1M; Fantastic Beasts - 45.1M; Doctor Strange - 13.4M; Allied - 13/18M; Arrival - 11.3M; Trolls - 10.3M; Bad Santa 2 - 6.1/9M

18 minutes ago, Doctor Rth and his FBeasts said:

Fri looking like

Moana 21.8, FBWTFT 18.2,DS 5.5,All 5,Arr 4.5, Tr 4.1,BS2 2.5,HR 2.2

I'm a little bummed out for Moana because I liked that movie a lot, but seeing FB kick so much ass kinda makes up for it.

I know its crazy talk, but I think the FB-series is going to end up being at least as significant as the HP series if not more so. Weightier and more adult in theme, so they probably won't do as well overall at the BO, but at least as impactful on popular culture.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Dingdong123 said:

If those Friday estimates hold up, Moana will have the least Thanksgiving to Black Friday bump compared to the other two animated musicals Frozen and Tangled.

WHAT THE HELL. I don't know what happening.

Hamilton fan-frontloading? Who knows.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DamienRoc said:

That's about a million less than I think most people expected for Moana. I wonder what's happening. A marketing slip-up?

Anecdotal evidence alert. I was at Walmart earlier today and the toy aisle and frankly most aisles that have anything to do with kids were overflowing with Frozen merchandise, didn't see anything related to Moana. Frozen (specifically Elsa) is a merchandising juggernaut for sure, but normally you do see some items related to the current movie as well.

• Like 1